Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to use a Roofnest Sparrow roof top tent on the Maverick. Two of the options I see for naked roofs are from Thule and Yakima, plus the one on the newly released Ford accessory site. The Thule site specifically says roof top tents should not be used with their naked roof unit. I see where Leitner announced they will make their bed system for the Maverick but you can’t use a bed cover with it and I want that to cover and protect gear.

I’m looking for any suggestions, racks that you know that work or aftermarket resources for installing roof rails on the truck

thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm nearing 60 and the idea of climbing on top of the cab to sleep is disheartening. What's wrong with a bed camper tent. Just throw the other stuff in the back seat area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm nearing 60 and the idea of climbing on top of the cab to sleep is disheartening. What's wrong with a bed camper tent. Just throw the other stuff in the back seat area.
thanks, but that’s not the solution we’d like to utilize.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You do realize that having such a big thing above the roof is likely to cause all kinds of noise going the road?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’d like to use a Roofnest Sparrow roof top tent on the Maverick. Two of the options I see for naked roofs are from Thule and Yakima, plus the one on the newly released Ford accessory site. The Thule site specifically says roof top tents should not be used with their naked roof unit. I see where Leitner announced they will make their bed system for the Maverick but you can’t use a bed cover with it and I want that to cover and protect gear.

I’m looking for any suggestions, racks that you know that work or aftermarket resources for installing roof rails on the truck

thank you!
BAK makes a Hard Folding Tonneau Cover with Rack System which would work for the roof top tents. They haven’t released it for the Maverick yet but I’m sure it will soon be coming. RetraxOne XR with tonneau cover is also an option and already available. Definitely pricey by the time that you add the rack or crossbars but it’s also compatible with many accessories so that’s nice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do realize that having such a big thing above the roof is likely to cause all kinds of noise going the road?
yes, I’m familiar with how they perform. The tent I’m considering is contained in a very aerodynamic case. cant be more noise than when we travel with kayaks on another vehicle we have. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BAK makes a Hard Folding Tonneau Cover with Rack System which would work for the roof top tents. They haven’t released it for the Maverick yet but I’m sure it will soon be coming. RetraxOne XR with tonneau cover is also an option and already available. Definitely pricey by the time that you add the rack or crossbars but it’s also compatible with many accessories so that’s nice.
Looked at videos on the Retrax using the Yakima towers and hd bars. Exactly what i was looking for. Thank you very much!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts