Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking that is what it is…a reviewer thought it was a bit loud inside and got louder when driving at a higher rate of speed. Possible due to noise from outside mirrors at lower speeds though too the engine sound at higher speeds.

Felt lcd gauge display got a bit washed out due to sun. Did not like the U shaped ‘metal’ insert below the head rest on front side of seat. He back hit it some. Was ok with the 8 speed dct shift feel.

Hum, so far…pending Mav reviews…it might be possible for Ford’s small truck offering could end up better then the Santa Cruz so far as drive feel goes.

Though it is very early, need to wait on Ford reviews.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jalopnik just did a review on the Santa Cruz: 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz: For All Of Life's In-Between Moments

That grille is awful, they complained that the back seat wasn't big enough, the rear doors slope up about 1/2 up the C pillar creating a massive blind spot, and whose bright idea was it to put all those reflective glossy touch buttons on the dash? If that's Hyundai's best competition, Maverick has nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
220 Posts
All the Santa Cruz has to do is two things , and that’s be pretty on the outside and pretty on the inside .
And it does both, So don’t sell it short just yet .

·
Registered
106 Posts
All the Santa Cruz has to do is two things , and that’s be pretty on the outside and pretty on the inside .
You and I clearly have different definitions of "pretty". I think that grille is vomit inducing, and all the reflective glossy surfaces on the dash are a migraine sufferer's worst nightmare.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been on the SC waiting list since April. I personally think the interior on anything but maybe the limited is pretty lacking. I'm sure it's more expensive than the Ford interior, but that's not necessarily a good thing if it looks drab. Seats were pretty crappy on the SEL premium at least, they would definitely be recovered or something. This detracted from the fact that it drove really good. It was quick as hell.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have been on the SC waiting list since April. I personally think the interior on anything but maybe the limited is pretty lacking. I'm sure it's more expensive than the Ford interior, but that's not necessarily a good thing if it looks drab. Seats were pretty crappy on the SEL premium at least, they would definitely be recovered or something. This detracted from the fact that it drove really good. It was quick as hell.
I've mentioned this before..My wife's Buick Envision 2T AWD 250hp 2.0 and it's about the same weight as the Maverick, Is very fast... almost shockingly so..You just don't expect that from a 4 banger.... So I get the fast thing

Reactions: Mephistopheles

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've mentioned this before..My wife's Buick Envision 2T AWD 250hp 2.0 and it's about the same weight as the Maverick, Is very fast... almost shockingly so..You just don't expect that from a 4 banger.... So I get the fast thing
Yeah that was one of the top reasons I upgraded, other than wanting all-wheel drive, to a bigger engine. I want something that's fun to drive, and it's something a little bit more capable than just putting a tow hitch on my car, since my next vehicle is probably going to be an electric car to commute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts