Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get to drive and look at all the latest Ford models over the years, and the touchscreen display they installed in these is noticeably different (dimmer) than the rest. (can't improve with brightness sitting, I've already tried). I think I will get used to it eventually, but it is noticeable when compared to what I'm used to. I mentioned this to a salesman, and he agreed. I dont care about sync at all, you can save the money there, but would like the better displays they normally use. How much did they save on that? The radio is also extremely weak sadly. Come on Ford! Let's not make it too cheap, everyone wants a good sounding radio these days. I know there is B&O, but most will not have that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wonder why Ford would intentionally make a display that it's used on multiple other vehicles dimmer on the Maverick. That's just a bizarre engineering plan. Like, who sits in a meeting and says, "Here's an idea. Let's redesign our 8" touchscreen to be harder to see in our new Maverick"?

·
Registered
142 Posts
LCD panels have different manufacturer. Perhaps Ford is using more than use suppliers and the specs including contrast and brightness might be sligtly different among them.

I've seen the same situation with laptops and computer monitors.

·
Super Moderator
56 Posts
The screen in my Maverick is not dim at all and I have the brightness set at 50%, but one thing I just noticed while playing with it is that once I get to the 50% setting, the display will not get any brighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts