Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Surprised you aren't keeping them for a dedicated SNOW tire for NH/MA winter weather...

Reactions: Mav

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nope. I haven't them listed anywhere. If you are interested make me an offer.
Do them come with the rubber or are you selling the rims standalone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 2745 View attachment 2746

Drove with them one day on my new Hybrid. They are perfect. I'm in NH/MA area. Drop me a note if interested.
Your MAV looks great with the new wheels!

I have not installed mine yet. My similar setup came with the OEM sensors.

Once you swap out the steels to the new ones do you have to do anything like programming etc?

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Your MAV looks great with the new wheels!

I have not installed mine yet. My similar setup came with the OEM sensors.

Once you swap out the steels to the new ones do you have to do anything like programming etc?

Any info would be appreciated.
The 'tire pressure monitor system' would need to forget your previous set of sensors, and learn to recognize the ones on the replacement wheels. There are tools for the purpose, many tire stores can perform the procedure, and it may be some scan tools can do the job.
tom

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't have to do any programming. The new set was reporting the PSI right away.

Im selling the set. Wheels, Tires and Pressure Sensors

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't have to do any programming. The new set was reporting the PSI right away.

Thanks for the positve info, will let everyone know how mine turn out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uga, my tpms warning came up today so don't take my previous response as positive. My worst outcome could be that the set I got doesn't have the sensors, or simply that needs relearning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to hear, I might be in the same situation, the person I bought the new wheels from said the sensors are there but who knows.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those Bronco Rims are EVIL looking. I love it. They look like they came off of K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider. Those rims are dope!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uga, I have an update. The unexpected happened. After a few days of me going around almost insanely to dealers and tire shoppes, looking for a fix, and after reading everything available about TPMS fuckin' sensors, my mav is now happy as a clam, and the pressure tire warning canceled itself.

It turns out that my bronco takeoff had the TPMS sensors in place and after all, it didn't need any reprogramming or learning. It just needed some time, days, to recognize the new set.

Life is good again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great news, my new wheels and tires are installed, no warning light yet after 5 days, but will keep you updated.

If the sensors were not there how soon would the warning light activate, any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Mav,

Do the stock lug nuts bother you at all? They are actually growing on me.

Let me know if you go with any others, black looks good but they are expensive from Ford.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice, have been following you all along, so far so good, LOL!

Trying find a deal on the proper lug nuts has been very confusing.

Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
15 Posts

[/QUOTE]
View attachment 2745 View attachment 2746

Drove with them one day on my new Hybrid. They are perfect. I'm in NH/MA area. Drop me a note if interested.
I like the garage! Was this one from Salem NH Ford. He said he had two coming in and the Cactus gray was sold and I took the Velocity Blue.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No. I picked her up in Philly and drove her back. She is a beauty!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts