Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that the full spare is an $115 option, but is a space saver spare included as standard equipment on any of the trim levels? Also, where will either spare configuration be mounted?

what is an acoustic windshield, and how is this any different than a regular windshield?

Thx

·
Registered
63 Posts
I see that the full spare is an $115 option, but is a space saver spare included as standard equipment on any of the trim levels? Also, where will either spare configuration be mounted?

what is an acoustic windshield, and how is this any different than a regular windshield?

Thx
I can answer the last question. The acoustic windshield has a layer of plastic in between two pieces of glass to deaden the outside sound coming into the cab. It comes standard in the Lariat, spare full size comes standard also with Lariat hybrid, not sure about Lariat EcoBoost version.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can answer the last question. The acoustic windshield has a layer of plastic in between two pieces of glass to deaden the outside sound coming into the cab. It comes standard in the Lariat, spare full size comes standard also with Lariat hybrid, not sure about Lariat EcoBoost version.
Windshields in all auto’s have had a layer of plastic between them for decades . Like well over 50 yrs .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Windshields in all auto’s have had a layer of plastic between them for decades . Like well over 50 yrs .
Sure, and so technically acoustic glass is that but there are several layers of other “stuff” between the glass layers that help with wind noise a little more. It’s just slightly more quiet than a standard windshield, basically.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sure, and so technically acoustic glass is that but there are several layers of other “stuff” between the glass layers that help with wind noise a little more. It’s just slightly more quiet than a standard windshield, basically.
Acoustic glass has acoustic vinyl in place of regular plastic shatter proof layer. It is approx. the same thickness but knocks a db or two off sound transmission.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts