Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would like to see Ford give the Maverick a extended warranty as a first year model. Give me 5 years and 60,000 miles . Instead of the 3yr / 36,000 .
Show me you have a Ford Built Tough Warranty for first year models.
I don't get why people have such a worry about "first year models" in general. Here this vehicle is made of old parts, when it comes to electronics, sub-systems and powertrain virtually everything is derivative of other models well proven. Will I buy an extended warranty? Hell yes! It is a Ford after all. I know better.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I don't get why people have such a worry about "first year models" in general. Here this vehicle is made of old parts, when it comes to electronics, sub-systems and powertrain virtually everything is derivative of other models well proven. Will I buy an extended warranty? Hell yes! It is a Ford after all. I know better.
And what revision is the Ford Mavericks E-cvt on ? And Ford is now making their own Electric motors for the first time . I wouldn’t call them old parts just yet .
The E-cvt is definitely still in development. And this is why Ford got help from Toyota .

·
Registered
61 Posts
It would definitely help on a decision for purchase knowing they are willing to go the 5yr/ 60,000 miles . To me all vehicles should come with a 5/60. Not just the imports !
Offering a longer warranty shows weakness as the vendor that we dont believe in our staff or product and they will not hamper morale for the thousands of people to satisfy a few who want to be first to get it but want peace of mind for the what ifs. There are many pitfalls/dilema to being an early adopter

If a person wants reassurances they may be better served as second inline than an early adopter. I always had long conversations with my clients that were early adopters and made sure they made an informed decision not an emotional one. No harm in being the second or third person in the subdivision with the new model

·
Registered
118 Posts
It would definitely help on a decision for purchase knowing they are willing to go the 5yr/ 60,000 miles . To me all vehicles should come with a 5/60. Not just the imports !
Toyota is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Nissan is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Honda is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Chevy is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Ford is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain

looks pretty standard to me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I also remember Fords SUV with the first CVT . It was a very nice car inside and out . But was discontinue, not for being pretty or aesthetically appealing . Remember the Freestyle . It lasted just over its warranty by 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I’ve owned two first year model vehicles and neither ever had an issue. The testing these days is so extensive when the final production model comes out they have worked out the kinks.
If that was really true we would never have any recalls on vehicles in just the first year or two of ownership . Whats is the real time frame of Fords extensive testing on something new ?
Apparently the Fords Freestyle CVT didn’t get that extensive testing your mentioning. Because must ALL of them failed way before the owners ever pay off their cars .

I will also mention that I remember when Ford started putting plastic intake manifolds on their engines . There was No extensive testing there .

·
Registered
63 Posts
And what revision is the Ford Mavericks E-cvt on ? And Ford is now making their own Electric motors for the first time . I wouldn’t call them old parts just yet .
The E-cvt is definitely still in development. And this is why Ford got help from Toyota .
The ecvt in the Maverick is a variant of the exact same transmission in the Escape hybrid, and from previous hybrid models like Fusion that have been made for nearly a decade. It isn't new at all. The only part that's new is the electric motor which now Ford supplies instead of coming from an outside supplier. It's no more worrisome an issue than if they change the AC compressor or alternator from one supplier to another. It's hardly a worry point.

Secondly the hybrid powertrain and components are covered by 8 year 100,000 mile coverage above and beyond the standard for warranty.

And to Toyota, Ford did not get help from them so much as Ford is paying them license fees for their patent. Ford engineered and developed their ecvt on their own but but because of the format in which it operates (Toyota's invention) this required them to pay to a license fees for use of their patent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Toyota is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Nissan is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Honda is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Chevy is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain
Ford is 3/36 b2b 5/60 powertrain

looks pretty standard to me.
The Korean brands have longer warranties. The German brands have a 10 second or one city block warranty.

·
Registered
2018 F150 XLT 2wd 2.7EB
32 Posts
I would like to see Ford give the Maverick a extended warranty as a first year model. Give me 5 years and 60,000 miles . Instead of the 3yr / 36,000 .
Show me you have a Ford Built Tough Warranty for first year models.
Good luck with that. Not going to happen bumper-to-bumper on one of their lowest margin vehicles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh hey, I know that face. Great youtube channel!

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Korean brands have longer warranties. The German brands have a 10 second or one city block warranty.
Hyundai is very long but a special note that they do not (at least as a corporate policy) provide you a loaner you have to get your own and they reimburse you if justified. VW I actually don't mind their warranty, they have only 4 year 50K miles powertrain, however, its 4 year 50K mile bumper to bumper too, and you get 2 years 20K miles complimentary maintenance.

I never seem to have powertrain issues, so having a longer bumper to bumper is actually not a bad tradeoff. Seems like these days people are more likely to have a head unit brick after some OTA update or other weird electronics glitch covered under the limited warranty than have a transmission blow up (well unless you bought a Nissan, lol).

My favorite experience is Audi and Mercedes warranty service center, they bend over backwards to accommodate you even for little things like rattles, and bring you cookies and coffee during the very short wait. At Dodge its like "go stand outside in the heat until someone asks why you won't go away, then scribble down two words and tell them to buzz off and come back in 2 weeks". LOL!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hyundai is very long but a special note that they do not (at least as a corporate policy) provide you a loaner you have to get your own and they reimburse you if justified. VW I actually don't mind their warranty, they have only 4 year 50K miles powertrain, however, its 4 year 50K mile bumper to bumper too, and you get 2 years 20K miles complimentary maintenance.

I never seem to have powertrain issues, so having a longer bumper to bumper is actually not a bad tradeoff. Seems like these days people are more likely to have a head unit brick after some OTA update or other weird electronics glitch covered under the limited warranty than have a transmission blow up (well unless you bought a Nissan, lol).

My favorite experience is Audi and Mercedes warranty service center, they bend over backwards to accommodate you even for little things like rattles, and bring you cookies and coffee during the very short wait. At Dodge its like "go stand outside in the heat until someone asks why you won't go away, then scribble down two words and tell them to buzz off and come back in 2 weeks". LOL!
Hyundia had to offer a longer warranty or lose the North American market.
Anybody who was in the car market back in lat 80s- early 90 would remember the first Hyundias. A moped or shopping cart was better quality

This isnt a knock on Ford. You are buying a low $20,000 new car not a Lexus or Infiniti

A hot dog level price car isnt going to provide filet mignon service, quality. Low price isnt going to bring high level service and quality. There will always be a premium for that level

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I have a question, If Ford is just starting to build their own electric motors for the E-cvt transmissions this year and their just starting to build the new Mavericks this year . Where’s all the extensive testing ?
Where’s the pictures of a 3 or 4 year old Maverick prototype ,
every thing I’m seeing is most recent . Like from the time this forum was created.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts