Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time I've ordered a truck with all the bells and whistles and I'm really looking forward to it's arrival. Should I be concerned at all about the quality of the Maverick because of all the delays, supply chain issues etc? Due to the nature of the launch and building schedules for the Maverick, do you think it will impact quality issues? I've seen some posts regarding paint and the radio, although I don't know the details of these defects. Since this is the first year for this model, is there any truth when folks say "you should wait for the second year when all of the bugs are worked out"?
I ordered mine on 7/16, the tracker said it was being built the week of 9/21, after that there is no tracker update. However, my dealer said that it has been built and is ready to go, it is just waiting for something from the EPA. It could be shipped and arrive at the dealer anytime between Dec-Feb.

Thanks for your insights!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Concerning the radio, other than the XLT Lux Pkg (with the SYNC 3 radio), you get an all-new economy radio, called Ford Audio. It is a stripped down system, although it may offer all the features many people are wanting. Ford is aware of an issue with the radio locking up and not being able change stations; and are working on a fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Concerning the radio, other than the XLT Lux Pkg (with the SYNC 3 radio), you get an all-new economy radio, called Ford Audio. It is a stripped down system, although it may offer all the features many people are wanting. Ford is aware of an issue with the radio locking up and not being able change stations; and are working on a fix.
Is it a software issue?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The first generation of anything will have problems. The benefit here is Ford's C2 platform. Since the Maverick shares a lot of parts with other Ford vehicles, a good amount of it has already been tested//perfected.

Either way, I am sure there will be some recalls. I think that the scope of issues will be small, but exaggerated on the internet, as always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts