Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ended up adding Co-pilot 360 to my XL in order to score the power mirrors. That means I can add the sliding rear window for $155. Contemplating this addition. Anyone have a guess as to the size of the window opening? Looks more like a port window. 馃槃

It might be nice in the event I have a long, lightweight item to move, but I'm really not sure it's worth it.

Thoughts?

Registered
So, I ended up adding Co-pilot 360 to my XL in order to score the power mirrors. That means I can add the sliding rear window for $155. Contemplating this addition. Anyone have a guess as to the size of the window opening? Looks more like a port window. 馃槃

It might be nice in the event I have a long, lightweight item to move, but I'm really not sure it's worth it.

Thoughts?
From the pictures I've seen it looks normal from inside out, but tiny from the outside. Seems like all modern sliders on Fords look that way.
For me, it simply looked too small to be of much use. But ask me again when I'm trying to haul that door trim home. 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the pictures I've seen it looks normal from inside out, but tiny from the outside. Seems like all modern sliders on Fords look that way.
For me, it simply looked too small to be of much use. But ask me again when I'm trying to haul that door trim home. 馃槈
And therein lies the dilemma... 馃槃

Registered
2018 F150 XLT 2wd 2.7EB
And therein lies the dilemma... 馃槃
Dog owners will love it. Is it worth it for those few times we want to bring home a few long sticks of lumber or door trim? Maybe not so much. It does look too small to even accurately toss beer pop cans into the bed once a tonneau's installed. So I'm re-thinking my plan to order it (no dog, poor aim).

Registered
Curious鈥ill search, but are there aftermarket glass makers that have larger openings?

Personally, a roll down full glass window would have been great. (I know, holding down costs.)

Ford 鈥f you can eventually sort out a folding mid-gate with roll down window in this maverick or your electric Mav, I would greatly appreciate that.

Registered
It's worthless.. if you think it's usable for what your thinking... I got it because our dog will be kenneled in the back and my daughter can talk to her, maybe to even touch her.. She is learning Kennel travel :)
But to put boards through like I did my 06 Ridgeline ..No it's glass and probably very breakable if you hit a bump with stuff stuck through it...

Registered
Just wish the XL trimmed offered a power slider option鈥
Agreed... My ridgeline had it and it's very nice to open and shut with the push of a button

Reactions: dribblybob

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's worthless.. if you think it's usable for what your thinking... I got it because our dog will be kenneled in the back and my daughter can talk to her, maybe to even touch her.. She is learning Kennel travel :)
But to put boards through like I did my 06 Ridgeline ..No it's glass and probably very breakable if you hit a bump with stuff stuck through it...
Well, I'm sure it's tempered and I think a piece of quarter-round would be fine. No, I would not suggest a 2x6.

Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
I bought new a 1983 Chevy S-10 with the slider....used it alot! Just to get the air moving was nice. I did load lumber through it too! Great truck. When GM could make cars and trucks that people wanted and were actually trouble free, a few acceptions....Vega, Chevette, v-8,6,4, and the infamous V-8 Gas/Diesel...lol So 155 dollars.... just get it.

Registered
For a $155, I can鈥檛 see not getting the slider. How much $$$ would you think an aftermarket rear window, slider window, electric motor and cables to convert would cost? I bet a butt load more than $155.
if you are already getting the 540 dollar required copilot package. if not that 155 window becomes an $700 window.

Registered
For a $155, I can鈥檛 see not getting the slider. How much $$$ would you think an aftermarket rear window, slider window, electric motor and cables to convert would cost? I bet a butt load more than $155.
The $155 slider window is manual. No cables or electric motor. The electric sliding window is only on the Lariat.

Registered
I didn't need/ have to have the 360 when I ordered my slider... I did get the Luxury pkg. tho Hybrid XLT

Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
I really would have liked the slider, but only coming w/ the 360 package turned me away; especially since the option is for a manual window.
Knowing cost of most tail lamps and the difference in prices between the typical lamp on a vehicle w/blind spot monitoring vs. one without; I'm opting away from 360 and the slider. Not that you plan to replace a tail lamp, but they can get broken; and if I'm spending hard earned money on one, I'd rather buy a basic one that's perhaps only $150 vs. one that could be many times more because it either houses or only comes w/a sensor for the blind spot system.

Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
Look closely at the tail lamps on the F150, and I believe I seen this on some Maverick pictures too, on the lower part of the tail lamp there's a small silver/grey script touting the BLIS feature. On the F150, Super Duty, & Ranger these sensors install in the back side of the lamp. Even if the lamp doesn't come with the sensor, it's much more expensive than the basic XL version lamps w/o the sensor. Also to note: whether or not the lamp also is LED or not also equites to a difference in pricing.
I work today, I'll have to do a comparison of prices for one model to show how much the pricing can vary.

Registered
The sliding rear window really needs to be twice the size . That little thing Ford gives is just a hole in the glass .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts