Ford Maverick Forum banner

So are you dirty…change my mind Area 51

7K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Dudley 
#1 · (Edited)
Dealer advised Area 51 is not a color to pick if you are a dirty person…truck that is. Sort of like the color though figure there will be a lot of them on the road. Silver seems a ho hum color and the gray will show dirt a bit. Not sure if Cactus gray would hide dirt much and it seems to be a out there in a Area ’52’ world I guess though realize some/many like it.

So what do you Area 51 beings say, is it a Worldly color of Earth and worth the dive even if pollen will turn it many shades of green? Which me thinks maybe cactus gray can do depending on how viewed….shape shifting color maybe.

Think this ride captured in the ‘wild’ is the Area 51 color in person.

See less See more
#3 ·
The area 51 is what I am going with.

Regardless of color, you are going to have issues with pollen and everything. I know certain colors show it more, but every colorway will still require that deep cleaning I am anticipating giving to my Maverick.

As long as you don't plan on neglecting your Maverick for 1+ yrs without a carwash, I think you will be fine.
I'm planning on a getting a detail kit for the Maverick as it would also help mitigate any car washing costs going forward.

#17 ·
Although I hand wash our vehicles regularly we went with white not only because we like it but our past white vehicles actually hid normal driving in the rain, etc dirt better than other colors. It was not until I washed it that I said, "boy, it was dirty!" I even have a hose hooked up to my utility sink in the garage that has a compact hot water heater attached for winter washings when temps are above freezing, and for salt removal before bringing into garage if possible. BTW we did IMMEDIATELY get ceramic coating and rust proofing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.