Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sad news .

• Maverick Hybrid Scheduling – Until further notice, hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.

·
Registered
XTL Hybrid Area 51
23 Posts
Pretty sad news .

• Maverick Hybrid Scheduling – Until further notice, hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.

Umm, I hope that's a typo. That has been stated for a while but it used to say "stock hybrid orders." Now the "stock" is gone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My bet is on the chip shortage at this time. Open question about the hybrids that have been already scheduled. Any insight?

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is the most interesting part of the release, besides not building Hybrids:

• Unscheduled Retail Order Confirmation – Please ensure that all retail orders are confirmed with the customer prior to them scheduling. Orders are locking in very quickly, and spec change and CANCELLATION REQUESTS are also beginning to overload our Centralized Field Order Scheduling Team. Once scheduled, dealers can amend OTD orders in WBDO and non-OTD orders can be amended in CONCEPS if they are not locked in.
The chip shortage was apparent long before Ford opened up reservations for the Maverick in June. Looks like Hyundai beat them to market even with all the shortcuts they took to win the race. Hyundai is selling vehicles and Ford is still trying to get the Bronco right.

We are also going on the assumption that this is a CHIP problem. Maybe they found a fatal hybrid drivetrain problem. Why are they not giving us the consumers, any real updates???

Who the Hell is running this Ship ????

Time for me to do some soul searching and decide if I really require a Hybrid for my everyday needs.

VENTING OVER WITH :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Umm, I hope that's a typo. That has been stated for a while but it used to say "stock hybrid orders." Now the "stock" is gone.
it's definitely not a typo. The sentence was changed in two places

before Maverick Hybrid/Retail Scheduling – Until further notice, stock hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.

now Maverick Hybrid Scheduling – Until further notice, hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tim Bartz job is to sell Ford vehicles and prevent customers from canceling hybrid orders. The vast majority of Maverick orders with his dealership, roughly 200, are the hybrid models.

With everything that is going on, at this time one should draw his or her own conclusion rather than listening to the pitch of a sale person.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What I get from the article there is no delay and Hybrids won't be in dealer inventories, but on showroom floors. No name Ford sources. Incredible.

Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage. It told Autoblog the fuel-sipping trucklet will be available at launch but just not in dealer inventories.
"Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."

Damage control or the truth - time will tell.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Depends when those stories were written, sounds like the same info we heard last week..... which would make them mute after this morning’s announcement

·
Registered
78 Posts
Depends when those stories were written, sounds like the same info we heard last week..... which would make them mute after this morning’s announcement
Pretty straight forward. Auto Blog was commenting on the post of Ford Schedule listed yesterday.

RONAN GLON

Sep 8th 2021 at 10:35AM
Todays Auto Blog - Ford panicked after reading Maverick Truck posts yesterday and had to get something out with total anonymity. Note they didn't deny the Ford Schedule, just planted a seed that it may be fake.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pretty sad news .

you may be able to read into that new Mav orders from Sept 7 on will not be considered for scheduling…..or you may also believe this is a one or two week stoppage ( not a deal killer for me) hopefully scenario 1.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No more Soup for you........

·
Registered
53 Posts
you may be able to read into that new Mav orders from Sept 7 on will not be considered for scheduling…..or you may also believe this is a one or two week stoppage ( not a deal killer for me) hopefully scenario 1.
My hybrid order, scheduled for the week of 9/13, seems to have gone into "In Production" status effective yesterday or today, based on a change I saw on the order tracking site. If true (and I think it is), then it looks like already-scheduled hybrid builds are moving forward.

Still-unscheduled orders, I read as "will not be scheduled yet, and not until we (Ford) say we're scheduling them again". I hope that's a short-term deal; there are a lot of hybrid orders on the table.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My hybrid order, scheduled for the week of 9/13, seems to have gone into "In Production" status effective yesterday or today, based on a change I saw on the order tracking site. If true (and I think it is), then it looks like already-scheduled hybrid builds are moving forward.

Still-unscheduled orders, I read as "will not be scheduled yet, and not until we (Ford) say we're scheduling them again". I hope that's a short-term deal; there are a lot of hybrid orders on the table.
I’m in the same boat. My XLT lux HPR hybrid with sunroof and floor mats changed over to “in production” this morning as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in the same boat. My XLT lux HPR hybrid with sunroof and floor mats changed over to “in production” this morning as well.
How did you find out about your maverick being put into production? Did you receive an email? Call customer service? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts