Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
My hybrid order, scheduled for the week of 9/13, seems to have gone into "In Production" status effective yesterday or today, based on a change I saw on the order tracking site. If true (and I think it is), then it looks like already-scheduled hybrid builds are moving forward.

Still-unscheduled orders, I read as "will not be scheduled yet, and not until we (Ford) say we're scheduling them again". I hope that's a short-term deal; there are a lot of hybrid orders on the table.
Ed, curious when you placed your hybrid Mav order?
bo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ed, curious when you placed your hybrid Mav order?
bo
It was confirmed by Ford on June 14. We reserved it on June 9, and the dealer called the next day to start the order process. I just don't understand why there are still outstanding June orders for "stock" builds similar to mine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How did you find out about your maverick being put into production? Did you receive an email? Call customer service? Thanks!
My "scheduled for production" email from Ford, from the end of July, had a "Track My Order" link in it, which went to the Ford tracking site and pre-entered my VIN and order number.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got the email "scheduled for production" and yet when I check the online link it doesn't show the same information. Anyone else in the same situation?

·
Registered
14 Posts
BIG QUESTIONS FOR THE LAST UPDATE

Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.

Doe this apply to all for mavericks that were already ordered? Or, does this apply to only new orders? I called my dealer and ford and im getting conflicting stories.

Ford corp says this only applies to new orders. If you ordered this package and signed off on it you will still get it. Both dealer and corp seem uncertain in all honesty. Can anyone confirm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hybrids being scheduled as of today, just got the email stating week of 1 Nov production. Ordered 4 Sep.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ford was banking on specific ratios of Base, Hybrids, XLTs and loaded models to sell to make their profit math work

too many base hybrids will likely hit the Elon Musk effect where loaded trucks take precedence and base hybrids slide later in the schedule.

my guess is a base hybrid will have absolutely no issue towing 4000lbs (my Volt has towed more cross country)
This is likely a move more to do with moving buyers to an up sell than a legit safety issue. And not being able to accelerate like greased lightning isn’t a safety issue.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts