Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
1) It's annoying to me that there is no way to shift the gears.
2) I wish it would remember that you have the transmission in tow/haul mode while its "smart" enough to tell you that BLIS is disengaged because a trailer is connected.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Having to constantly click "OK" to clear the dash of information like seatbelts and what not. It not staying in ECO mode. Pretty harmless stuff but annoying. Oh one other thing, when Im driving it up the ramps to change my oil, im used to opening the door to see the ramps and you cannot do that with the Maverick. It reverts to Park so without a spotter I am going up the ramps blind and im always off by a little.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Having to constantly click "OK" to clear the dash of information like seatbelts and what not. It not staying in ECO mode. Pretty harmless stuff but annoying. Oh one other thing, when Im driving it up the ramps to change my oil, im used to opening the door to see the ramps and you cannot do that with the Maverick. It reverts to Park so without a spotter I am going up the ramps blind and im always off by a little.
I hadn't thought about this, but yeah, with the Mav automatically shifting into Park, this does present an issue. I wonder if there is some way to override this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You replace the faulty component
I was referring to a bad door switch preventing vehicle from moving. While it is important to protect occupants from themselves, manufacturers can sometimes go a bit overboard with safety interlocks. Our current vehicle goes through a series of bops, bings, flashing lights, solenoids clicking, servos servoing, etc. on startup. Not a big problem while vehicle is still under warranty and relatively close to dealer but which of these will leave you stranded if they fail out on the road post warranty? Gone are the days of run to destruction vehicles.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I was referring to a bad door switch preventing vehicle from moving. While it is important to protect occupants from themselves, manufacturers can sometimes go a bit overboard with safety interlocks. Our current vehicle goes through a series of bops, bings, flashing lights, solenoids clicking, servos servoing, etc. on startup. Not a big problem while vehicle is still under warranty and relatively close to dealer but which of these will leave you stranded if they fail out on the road post warranty? Gone are the days of run to destruction vehicles.
Yes I understand your point. Safety interlocks are only going to get more complex and involved as everything has to be designed to be stupid proof. No longer do people have enough common sense not to leave their vehicle without first putting it in park. As for post warranty concerns, in 5 years the Mav will be old tech and fixes will be simple and commonplace like now plugging in a code reader is. Probably even more so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
From another forum:
Oh one other thing, when Im driving it up the ramps to change my oil, im used to opening the door to see the ramps and you cannot do that with the Maverick. It reverts to Park so without a spotter I am going up the ramps blind and im always off by a little.
"If in drive and open the door it goes into park. If in park and door open, you can put it in drive and move forward. I do it all the time. The warning beep is annoying as sin, but..."
"This works I do it when I move my truck up in the yard to wash it"

·
Registered
2 Posts
XLT - 4KTow, Current : 7000km

• Noisy engine at idle
  • Terrible radio reception
  • Rubber trim at bottom of door threshold's, is too short, it always curls back on it self.

Otherwise, to date..... (Time will tell) I give this a 9/10 for what we paid for it.

DH

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't like to remember to hit the no start button every time. I can move truck with door open so why can I and you cant.Radio won't pickup local stations. I have to stream. I hate u can't can't talk tex when moveing. Have to stop or just use ur phone. So it don't stop a safety issue. The list goes on.but still I and EXTREMELY happy with it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lot of road noise.The vents close when u try to aim a/c toward the driver. You have to remember to set the auto hi bean each time buy going from low to hi back to low then a fast push fwd.then they are set until you turn engine off.The low and high dash light button is hidden buy the wheel unless u turn the wheel you have to reset it each time.more to come I'm sure

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lot of road noise.The vents close when u try to aim a/c toward the driver. You have to remember to set the auto hi bean each time buy going from low to hi back to low then a fast push fwd.then they are set until you turn engine off.The low and high dash light button is hidden buy the wheel unless u turn the wheel you have to reset it each time.more to come I'm sure
Your auto high beam should stay on

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yea . At first they didn't work at all so I figured it was because it's a XL . I accidentally figured out how to ingage them and even then sometimes dont.work. when you below 30 mph they go back to low and if you manually but on high below the 30 it will not go back on its own.you have to put on low then it works

·
Registered
32 Posts
cabin size. I'm not a big guy - 5'7" and athletic. can press >400 lbs with each leg individually. My left leg rests on the door handle while driving... my Volvo S60 had more interior driver space
Only auto-down on driver window. No auto-up, and neither on the passenger. I've had that feature since '07.
Door bottle holders can't hold a real water bottle... only those 16-20 oz Poland Spring types. I use Embrava liter sized... so that door storage space is kinda worthless
other than that, pretty happy so far. Had for 3 weeks now. XLT Lux Hybrid Carb Grey

·
Registered
33 Posts
I
I hadn't thought about this, but yeah, with the Mav automatically shifting into Park, this does present an issue. I wonder if there is some way to override this.
had the same thought, is it any door or just the driver’s door. I mean who has not opened the door while moving before? Pretty dumb feature if you asked me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts