Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These Mavericks seem like they’re coming on a slow boat from China . Fords got to be making at least 500 to 800 of these trucks a day so where are they ? it’s almost October .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pretty sure they are not yet making that many a day yet (800 would be about 1/2 of Hermasillo production I have read, at full speed without supply chain issues), and my dealer was clear when I ordered that it would spring before he put me in the truck. I don’t think we will see many at dealers until people a. Decide that they don’t want what they ordered, b. Those trucks don’t leave the dealership in the first hour they are there and c. All orders are filled.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd guess some dealers will have at least 1 in stock right around when the October 5 media embargo is lifted. Guessing some members here will get their truck around the same time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ford is making far less per day. The production numbers in December is only 4,900 total, and that is after significant ramp up from far lower numbers in preceding months. I can’t remember November numbers but something like 2,500.

They are most likely producing far less than 100 per day. Some have shipped and the process takes 3-6 weeks for the truck to arrive at a dealer.

The hybrids don’t have an okay to buy, so they can’t ship. The EcoBoosts are shipping and will arrive around Oct 5th. This is not a coincidence that is the same day as when the media embargo has been scheduled to lift.

edit add - of course I posted this and one is delivered today

·
Registered
10 Posts
The hybrids don’t have an okay to buy, so they can’t ship. The EcoBoosts are shipping and will arrive around Oct 5th. This is not a coincidence that is the same day as when the media embargo has been scheduled to lift.
What do you mean by “hybrids don’t have an okay to buy”?

·
Registered
182 Posts
There was a post on Reddit of an Ecoboost XL that arrived at a dealership and already sold.

What do you mean by “hybrids don’t have an okay to buy”?
So many vehicles have to roll off the line with no production issues and then they are given the "ok to buy" approval that the process is sound. Since the Ecoboosts were in production since mid-August they got it early September.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There was a post on Reddit of an Ecoboost XL that arrived at a dealership and already sold.

So many vehicles have to roll off the line with no production issues and then they are given the "ok to buy" approval that the process is sound. Since the Ecoboosts were in production since mid-August they got it early September.
So much for the Oct 5th embargo. Haha

·
Registered
1 Posts

This whole process is so confusing. So what about my June preorder of a hybrid? Is it just not being made right now?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just because a few dealers happen to get a truck in early doesn’t make a media embargo useless. The embargo is also there so that people who write reviews are on even footing with each other rather than people being shady trying to scoop others. Also the model I’ve seen in pictures was an XL, the lowest trim and probably not indicative of what most people will buy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This whole process is so confusing. So what about my June preorder of a hybrid? Is it just not being made right now?
Unfortunately, some dealerships have poor communication. Mine is like that: Calls not returned, emails unanswered, etc. But I'm familiar with the service department and I like the folks there so remain with them even though I hope to never see them.
My best advice to you would be to go in to the dealership where you placed your order and talk face to face to your salesperson. They will get your vehicle status for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My build date was 10/4 now 10/8. I hope to see it soon. If you want the real scoop on dates, talk to the person who does the ordering, not the salseman they have the direct communication with Ford. The sales people seem to be more interested in selling units on the lot, not so much in taking time to dig in to the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts