Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am like 99.9% sure I am going to order a Maverick when they start selling them though overseas military sales. I currently live in Germany. I am just thinking through my order...

XL is out for sure. I don't like the steelies and no cruise control.

XLT - I am pretty hip on. My only adds would be a spray in liner and the trailer hitch receiver. I generally prefer leather interior over cloth but I am pretty sure I would be happy with either. I thought about the lux package for the power seat but really, I am going to set it and leave it so what is the point unless other people will be driving the truck (which they won't). The 400W inverter isn't something I would use. If I need AC power, it would be more than that and I have a travel size Honda generator already. I don't care about heated anything (seats, wipers, mirrors). Yes it snows here but not a lot, and I usually ride my bike on my daily commute anyhow. I am not sure what remote start even look like on a hybrid, I mean you basically just turn it "on" anyhow. I guess it will start the A/C or heater when you "remote start" it? I really don't know. I am planning on getting the Co-Pilot for the blind spot stuff. The build MSRP is $24,910 which I consider pretty reasonable.

Lariat - Has leather-ish seating which I like. Push button start I am indifferent on. Dual zone climate, I consider a gimmick so no value there for me. Power rear window is a negative value. I never open mine on my current truck and I consider it one more thing to rattle or leak over time. Power seat is good. The acoustic windshield I would definitely pay more for if it make the ride noticeably more quiet, I just don't know if it really does. The lighting and bigger screen I am also mostly indifferent on. Adding the same bed liner, hitch, and 360 copilot brings the total to $28,120 which still isn't bad. I am not sure if it is worth $3200 more though.

I am definitely doing the hybrid. The only things I would tow with this would be a jet ski or a 5x8 utility trailer. Going to the eco boost with the 4k tow does me no good because most of the time when I tow a trailer it will be in the 8-10k range so I will need to keep a real truck as well. I have a F250 diesel already so I would use that for any significant towing.

I am not sure how long I will keep this truck. I think it will be a great vehicle for Europe with our $6-7/gallon gas and small roads but I also have a reservation for a Lightning. If I move back to the states and get the Lightning, I would probably not drive the Maverick anymore as the Lightning could handle running around town and the towing. The only thing I would need would be a road trip vehicle and I could just rent or get something else for that. I just wonder what resale will look like after a year or two. I am not sure it will be that different between and XLT and a Lariat. I don't want the Lightning in Europe. It is too big and I don't have a convenient place to plug it in.

The money difference isn't a huge deal but I don't want to waste it either.

Given that, what's the consensus? XLT or Lariat?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am like 99.9% sure I am going to order a Maverick when they start selling them though overseas military sales. I currently live in Germany. I am just thinking through my order...

XL is out for sure. I don't like the steelies and no cruise control.

XLT - I am pretty hip on. My only adds would be a spray in liner and the trailer hitch receiver. I generally prefer leather interior over cloth but I am pretty sure I would be happy with either. I thought about the lux package for the power seat but really, I am going to set it and leave it so what is the point unless other people will be driving the truck (which they won't). The 400W inverter isn't something I would use. If I need AC power, it would be more than that and I have a travel size Honda generator already. I don't care about heated anything (seats, wipers, mirrors). Yes it snows here but not a lot, and I usually ride my bike on my daily commute anyhow. I am not sure what remote start even look like on a hybrid, I mean you basically just turn it "on" anyhow. I guess it will start the A/C or heater when you "remote start" it? I really don't know. I am planning on getting the Co-Pilot for the blind spot stuff. The build MSRP is $24,910 which I consider pretty reasonable.

Lariat - Has leather-ish seating which I like. Push button start I am indifferent on. Dual zone climate, I consider a gimmick so no value there for me. Power rear window is a negative value. I never open mine on my current truck and I consider it one more thing to rattle or leak over time. Power seat is good. The acoustic windshield I would definitely pay more for if it make the ride noticeably more quiet, I just don't know if it really does. The lighting and bigger screen I am also mostly indifferent on. Adding the same bed liner, hitch, and 360 copilot brings the total to $28,120 which still isn't bad. I am not sure if it is worth $3200 more though.

I am definitely doing the hybrid. The only things I would tow with this would be a jet ski or a 5x8 utility trailer. Going to the eco boost with the 4k tow does me no good because most of the time when I tow a trailer it will be in the 8-10k range so I will need to keep a real truck as well. I have a F250 diesel already so I would use that for any significant towing.

I am not sure how long I will keep this truck. I think it will be a great vehicle for Europe with our $6-7/gallon gas and small roads but I also have a reservation for a Lightning. If I move back to the states and get the Lightning, I would probably not drive the Maverick anymore as the Lightning could handle running around town and the towing. The only thing I would need would be a road trip vehicle and I could just rent or get something else for that. I just wonder what resale will look like after a year or two. I am not sure it will be that different between and XLT and a Lariat. I don't want the Lightning in Europe. It is too big and I don't have a convenient place to plug it in.

The money difference isn't a huge deal but I don't want to waste it either.

Given that, what's the consensus? XLT or Lariat?
here was my order
2022 Maverick Lariat Front-Wheel Drive:
  • 2.5L Hybrid Engine
  • Automatic Continuously Variable Transmission
  • Cactus Grey
  • Desert Brown ActiveX Bucket Front-Seats
  • 18" Bright Aluminum Wheels
  • Standard Package
  • Lariat Luxury Package
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™

$31,425.00 plus tax & Licence and $150 Doc fee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts