Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m not sure what the point of it is. Do people really have trouble lowering the tailgate without dropping it?
I don't think it's about fixing a problem as much as providing a luxury. I'm sure they save some kids from getting cracked on the head, too.

There's also just an expectation now. When the current Ranger was launched, almost every reviewer would make a point of dropping the tailgate hard and then complain that it wasn't damped. With the Maverick they all mention it but excuse it because the Maverick is so cheap. It's interesting how forgiving everyone is of little problems because of the price point, including jaded reviewers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It weighs more than a toilet seat, and I like having a slow-close toilet seat.
The only advantage to that toilet seat is when you are potty training at grandmas house. You know the seat with the the padded seat that won't stay up and you are trying to be a big boy. There you are with you wiener barley clearing the base and "SLAM" here comes the lid.

I apologize for all the PTSD this may have caused.

·
Registered
193 Posts
yes, but you still have the bottle opener on the right. If you really need two bottle openers in the back, you should probably need someone to hold your key to not drive, lol
that honestly takes a lot of load versatility away. I picked up a small (6' total?) loveseat for my dad at Goodwill the other day, and without the tailgate tie-downs I would have had trouble securing the load well enough for my liking. The manual has dire warnings about securing loads to the bed and the gate instead of only to the bed or only the gate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts