Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a little late to the party... just found out about the Maverick and have watched hours of videos, poured through this forum, did dozens of mock builds. Finally settled on a trim level, color, drivetrain, package and options.

Ordering from: Five Star Ford Plano
Reserved: Blue AWD 2.0L Ecoboost XL
Plans: Parts hauler for my business & daily driver, new Maverick suspension development, wheels/tires, some autocross and road course testing

More soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm a little late to the party... just found out about the Maverick and have watched hours of videos, poured through this forum, did dozens of mock builds. Finally settled on a trim level, color, drivetrain, package and options.

Ordering from: Five Star Ford Plano
Reserved: Blue AWD 2.0L Ecoboost XL
Plans: Parts hauler for my business & daily driver, new Maverick suspension development, wheels/tires, some autocross and road course testing

More soon.
TF, i expect to see memes of you "dial shifting" yours on a road course!
to all i ordered a XL, 2.0 fwd from helfman ford in houston on 9/10 and received a build date of 11/1 from ford on 9/16. no discounts and only additional cost is their standard $150 doc fee.

·
Registered
7 Posts
TF, i expect to see memes of you "dial shifting" yours on a road course!
No doubt! I absolutely HATE the silly dial shifters so many car makers have added (as shown in this article below).

Gonna be a challenge to shift that way, but I assume somebody will come up with some sort of button shifting that is easier to do while driving on a road course. At least, I hope! ;)

Also got a build date for the week of 11/1 (3 days ago), along with a VIN number.

We shall see if this is going to arrive before year's end. I've got work to do! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fort worth here. XLT lux 2.0 FX4 4k cp360 velocity blue.
Ordered 6/29
Build date 10/11
Then 10/20 and in production 10/21
Still waiting for build to show on tracking. Haven't received any emails since order confirmed email. It is correct lol. Showing 11/14 delivery. We shall see lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just ordered a XLT Lux, 2.0 cp360, 51color
Ordered: 11/11/2021
Order just confirmed by Ford LOL
Should I switch back to Hybrid? I have no idea of Ford Hybrid, I am not sure if that engine reliable...and, how about the power?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just ordered a XLT Lux, 2.0 cp360, 51color
Ordered: 11/11/2021
Should I switch back to Hybrid? I have no idea of Ford Hybrid, I am not sure if that engine reliable...and, how about the power?
Well it depends on if you want a fun, peppy, performance oriented truck - get the Ecoboost engine (which will still get 30 mpg highway, only 3mpg worse than Hybrid). If you are super concerned about city mileage - the Hybrid is for you (but it will be less fun / peppy / performance oriented)

Ecoboost: 23 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 26 mpg combined.
Hybrid: 42 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, 37 mpg combined.

Also, the Ecoboost can come in FWD or AWD while the Hybrid can only come in FWD (for now).

All comes down to what matters to YOU most. Nobody can make that decision better than you. :cool:

I'm a horsepower junkie, so I went AWD Ecoboost. Ordered mid-August but still hasn't been scheduled or built (was supposed to be built Nov 1st). I keep pestering my dealer but they don't know. anyone ordering now better plan on a 2022 year delivery.

Cheers,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well it depends on if you want a fun, peppy, performance oriented truck - get the Ecoboost engine (which will still get 30 mpg highway, only 3mpg worse than Hybrid). If you are super concerned about city mileage - the Hybrid is for you (but it will be less fun / peppy / performance oriented)

Ecoboost: 23 mpg city, 30 mpg highway, and 26 mpg combined.
Hybrid: 42 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, 37 mpg combined.

Also, the Ecoboost can come in FWD or AWD while the Hybrid can only come in FWD (for now).

All comes down to what matters to YOU most. Nobody can make that decision better than you. :cool:

I'm a horsepower junkie, so I went AWD Ecoboost. Ordered mid-August but still hasn't been scheduled or built (was supposed to be built Nov 1st). I keep pestering my dealer but they don't know. anyone ordering now better plan on a 2022 year delivery.

Cheers,
I decide to stay with Ecoboost! I am not sure if Ford hybrid last long as Toyota Hybrid. Well,,, I don't want to bring troubles to myself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts