Ford Maverick Forum banner

tent kit missing?

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr Home Guy 
#1 ·
If the Maverick is supposed to be robust and adventure friendly - then where is the tent kit, in case you want to utilize the bed *(with tailgate down) as a platform for the inflatable air mattress sleeping bag set-up? We need some kind of tent kit in the event or rain. I have seen some pretty cool designs on similar vehicles (ie bronco sport). Does anyone else share my interest in turning the Maverick into a camping ready tent platform?

#2 ·
under 4 foot between wheel wells....a Queen bed is 62in.. I'm not sure about you but if I go camping...it ain't alone :) So that would be tight for two if your side sleepers.. I mean it could work but I wouldn't want to do it a too many nights.. My point is this, They probably won't make it, but after market may

#11 ·
I'm 6'3". I can't imagine I'd find a 4.5' bed comfortable to sleep in, even with the tailgate down. If it was a 5.5' bed, I think they could swing it better.

Also, it seems that the Maverick was rushed to production to beat the Santa Cruz. Hyundai announced the Santa Cruz long before Ford announced the Maverick, but Ford is beating them to production. Heck, they haven't even announced pricing yet. But in order to sell an unrefined product, Ford has to present it as a DIY dream. They left a weird cubby next to the 8" display (that presumably should have been a 12" display). They added a Ford Integrated Tether System (FITS) mount in only one location with the expectation that people will make their own devices, but also promising that there's more to come. The FlexBed is the same way. Too few tie down points, unless you pay extra for the Lariat trim. Everything about the Maverick just screams "we'll get to that later". So maybe they'll eventually get to a matching tent. Don't get me wrong, I love the Maverick. But it's far from a finished product.

#15 ·
I'm really curious about the pricing. Hyundai/Kia have typically been very competitive in pricing, but everyone is expecting the Santa Cruz to start several thousand dollars higher than the Maverick. That might be okay if there are a LOT of nice features that come standard, but they'll still lose budget shoppers like myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.