Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

TFL got their hands on a Maverick Hybrid and put it through their IKE Test in the snow with a teardrop trailer that weighs 1,500 pounds.

What the most you've been able to tow or haul with your Maverick so far?

00:00 Intro
00:29 Downhill
2:40 The Trailer
2:55 Powertrain
3:35 Downhill
8:58 Uphill
10:35 Bed & Features
11:53 Uphill
14:25 Ike Score & Verdict

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, the part that I wanted to see the most was only a small clip at the end with no input from them on it at all.

How did I do in the snow?

I'm on the "long list" for the lightning, but I also ordered one of these this week. The "droning" will be a issue for me as I live in hilly terrain and dislike noise a good bit.

But the lack of AWD will probably affect me keeping this long term or not. We only get a light frosting a few times a year but we get a lot of rain and my drive is steep and not paved if I want to go all the way up (which does have a place to live at the top).

For me, being a war veteran, I want the most fuel efficient vehicle I can have.. Will this one work? I hope so. Sure would have been nice if Ford would have given me the veteran discount ($500 off) and it makes no sense how they limit it to only 2 years (I believe) after you leave...

Still to do a video with snow present and not comment on it....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Traction will be excellent on the FWD Maverick as it is with any FWD vehicle as weight will be biased over the front wheels as apposed to a RWD truck. Have used many similarly configured vehicles in low traction conditions while not as good as AWD vehicles, are much better than RWDs. Tires suited to vehicles driving conditions make a considerable difference to traction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts