Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for the people that would like to see a modification or two made to the next Gen Maverick . And now that we have many people out there with one and some miles on them . I’m sure we have a couple of improvements we would like to see .

·
Registered
5 Posts
besides PHEV, has anyone resolved what "full size spare" means? Needs clarification - specify the rim and tire size and temporary use only or regular. The option should be to get the same as the mounted tires with option to get same type of rim for custom rims. Or explain why - will the matched tire and rim not fit or interfere with the collision puncturing design?
Bigger rear window passthru, and really look into better water channeling when a cap is installed - there is currently no intentional migratory path which may explain why the rear slide window is so tiny.
And yes that saved econ mode would be an instant OTA software update if this were tesla.

·
Registered
84 Posts
besides PHEV, has anyone resolved what "full size spare" means? Needs clarification - specify the rim and tire size and temporary use only or regular. The option should be to get the same as the mounted tires with option to get same type of rim for custom rims. Or explain why - will the matched tire and rim not fit or interfere with the collision puncturing design?
Bigger rear window passthru, and really look into better water channeling when a cap is installed - there is currently no intentional migratory path which may explain why the rear slide window is so tiny.
And yes that saved econ mode would be an instant OTA software update if this were tesla.
The full size spare is a 215/30-17 It has been reported that a stock tire will fit on the rim.
This wasn't well communicated. Many people have thought that the full size spare was a stock tire.
For me this is not a game changer. I think it is better than a donut tire.
On my 11 year old 2011 Ranger I have only run the spare tire once. From my house to the tire shop.
Admittedly I do not travel in my truck. Unfortunately the vehicle we travel in has a donut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts