Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hate adaptive cruise control, rented a car with it for a week driving in Denver and it was so frustrating I turned cruise off completely, have been a professional driver off and on for 50 years, with the cafe racers weaving in and out of traffic, the adaptive cruise is worthless.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate adaptive cruise control, rented a car with it for a week driving in Denver and it was so frustrating I turned cruise off completely, have been a professional driver off and on for 50 years, with the cafe racers weaving in and out of traffic, the adaptive cruise is worthless.
I was the same way...but we went on a long road trip recently with my brother's Honda Accord equipped with adaptive cruise and I was a believer by the end of the trip. And no...it's certainly not 'worthless'. In fact, it can save lives. Computers never fall asleep at the wheel, etc...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I like it. Obviously, there are times when I don't use it but, just like old cruise control, I tap the brakes to turn it off. Then I hit resume when I want to use it again. I just don't see what the big deal is, one way or the other.

The only adjustment to my own driving style is that I became very aware that, without it, I follow cars way too closely for safety. Once I decided to use the damn safety feature, and let it decide how far back I should be, adaptive cruise control and I became friends.

I should give her a name.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sexist aren't we?
Being well trained by the Navy, my adaptive cussing becomes more agressive, agrigues to many that suffer to ride with me.

I'm usually the old fart in the right lane trying to do the speed limit but if I'm towing the camper, double nickels is all I'm comfortable with in my old Prius, hence ordering a Maverick XLT hybrid.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sexist aren't we?
Being well trained by the Navy, my adaptive cussing becomes more agressive, agrigues to many that suffer to ride with me.

I'm usually the old fart in the right lane trying to do the speed limit but if I'm towing the camper, double nickels is all I'm comfortable with in my old Prius, hence ordering a Maverick XLT hybrid. View attachment 1441
You responding to me? I drive a Prius. I'm a woman. I'm not especially good at taking guidance from men. If I name my adaptive cruise control, it can be assumed by everyone who knows me - including my husband of 48.5 years - her name will be female. 😃

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sexist aren't we?

I'm usually the old fart in the right lane trying to do the speed limit but if I'm towing the camper, double nickels is all I'm comfortable with in my old Prius, hence ordering a Maverick XLT hybrid. View attachment 1441
Hey nice rig! We also own a Prius v wagon....same color too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see the problem. It's not great in traffic unless you are okay being patient and allowing all the weavers to do their thing. I used ours for hours this past weekend on our Hyundai Palisade and it worked as intended. The only issue is when you look down and you realize your going 10mph slower then you intended to because you're pacing someone. Worked well for "drafting" behind a Semi through in the hills of PA.

Reactions: Old Fart

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't even use regular cruise control. Traffic is the norm for me in the Los Angeles / Orange Counties, so cruise control, an essential feature to many on this forum, never gets used. I even tried to use cruise control this past weekend since traffic was lighter. I went about 2 minutes before I came behind another person going slower just because. No one seems to drive a consistent speed where I live. I figure adaptive would be much better to use for my scenario, but I'm getting an XLT. I won't miss something I never had to begin with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't even use regular cruise control. Traffic is the norm for me in the Los Angeles / Orange Counties, so cruise control, an essential feature to many on this forum, never gets used. I even tried to use cruise control this past weekend since traffic was lighter. I went about 2 minutes before I came behind another person going slower just because. No one seems to drive a consistent speed where I live. I figure adaptive would be much better to use for my scenario, but I'm getting an XLT. I won't miss something I never had to begin with.
I was just like you before I got my subaru. They came with a eyesight feature that has ACC and lane keeping. That thing make a huge difference and tbh, decrease 75% of the the long driving pain. From then I'll only look at cars and trucks with acc and lane keeping.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was just like you before I got my subaru. They came with a eyesight feature that has ACC and lane keeping. That thing make a huge difference and tbh, decrease 75% of the the long driving pain. From then I'll only look at cars and trucks with acc and lane keeping.
I have a Subaru as well, but it doesn't have Eyesight, unfortunately. If it did I might have decided on a Lariat for ACC and some other things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Subaru as well, but it doesn't have Eyesight, unfortunately. If it did I might have decided on a Lariat for ACC and some other things.
I don't need all the bells and whistles on the Lariat. Have no need for XM & or Sirrius radio, didn't want the mandatory 360, the interior was pretty loud for my tastes besides I'm thinking of making leather seat covers to cover the blue and gray cloth or at least the seat backs. Think this would look stunning on the front seats.
Art Font Pattern Motif Drawing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts