Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the process back in October. Got Confirmation in November. Now with interest rates going up and up to combat inflation, and the 2023 model year release around the corner, not sure waiting is even worth it anymore. I have seen rumor that some 2022 orders are going to be converted to 2023 orders as well. With the reports of mark ups, I am seeing Ranger Lariats going for mid 40s vs Mavs. Not sure it's worth it anymore.

Talk me over or off the ledge.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've heard that giving up a Maverick order is like giving away free money. You can buy a Maverick and pretty much immediately flip it for a profit, even after taxes/title/registration.

If you're sick of waiting I understand. I test drove a few Rangers while I was getting antsy waiting for my Maverick to get here. That said, I'm not sure the Ranger/Taco/Colorado is an apples to apples vehicle compared to the Maverick.

All of the above goes 10x if you're talking about a hybrid order.

Anyways. If you plan on financing a vehicle my magic 8 ball says rates are not going to be lower in the next year or two. It may make more sense to secure a loan now if you can 'settle' for a different vehicle that still meets your needs.

Even if you buy a different vehicle than the Maverick I would not relinquish your order. See if you can secure financing (rate won't matter) and immediately flip it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Remember, if you're going with Ford Credit financing (different than what your Ford dealer may try and push on you) then the interest rates that were available at the time of order are still in effect when you take delivery.
If you're not going through Ford financing or don't qualify, well, then you're on your own.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Started the process back in October. Got Confirmation in November. Now with interest rates going up and up to combat inflation, and the 2023 model year release around the corner, not sure waiting is even worth it anymore. I have seen rumor that some 2022 orders are going to be converted to 2023 orders as well. With the reports of mark ups, I am seeing Ranger Lariats going for mid 40s vs Mavs. Not sure it's worth it anymore.

Talk me over or off the ledge.
I ordered in october also so we've been waiting coming up on 7 months - just a swag but I think we'll get some notification by end of june of a production date so at the end of summer we should have them, just another 3 months-4 months. It's worth the wait unless you need something immediately and have a near future prospect available or if you put your deposit down on a whim and don't really care. Interest rates are still low - 3-4 percent is still pretty much free money - waiting to buy something new next year if just gonna get you a 6/7 percent interest rate and a higher sticker cost on whatever you're looking to buy. You don't formally need to cancel it until it's being built and you're summoned to the dealer to finalize the financing. Who knows, if you're good at negotiating and BS'ing the dealer might give you some $ to let them have it.

·
Registered
22 maverick
183 Posts
I would not cancel a mav , I was able to only pay 2k more on my hybrid xlt and I may get buried in it it’s so awesome , I was at 46 mpg earlier today
you order the vehicle and the dealer added $2,000 to the price what state are you in if you have a signed purchase and sale agreement how in the world could they do that.
I would take it all the way to court and ask for 100,000 in Damages

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought a Santa Cruz. When my Maverick shows up, I will make a decision.

This Santa Cruz is an awesome truck. I bought the 2.5T. 277hp, 311tq. Instant power when I hit the gas. Tons of storage, the back seat and floor are more usable than the Maverick, important for me since we travel with the pups. I paid a lot more, but got a lot more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've ordered mine XLT Hybrid with 360 and spray in on Oct 10th. Never bothered to email or call, just was going to wait as long as it would take and secretly was hoping that they would push me to 2023 model. But, yesterday got an email from my dealer telling me that my truck is scheduled for production for 6/20 and that I shall expect delivery late July/early August. She also told me nothing was taken out/replaced to speed up delivery. Also after all these crazy mark ups I went to google and looked at dealership review and one of them said something along the lines that the dealership honored original price for mav. So that boosts my confidence I'm going to pay what I signed up for.

·
Registered
76 Posts
you order the vehicle and the dealer added $2,000 to the price what state are you in if you have a signed purchase and sale agreement how in the world could they do that.
I took another lady’s she didn’t buy they were within there right s, I talked down from $5k

·
Registered
22 maverick
183 Posts
just had a dealer call me in off of me one for 40,000 5 minutes ago it wasn't even the lariat it didn't even have the luxury package I didn't ask for the sticker price but mine has everything I could think of putting on it except for the moonroof which is a waste of money and I was only 28 .5 I think the magott is mocking it up $14,000

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Remember, if you're going with Ford Credit financing (different than what your Ford dealer may try and push on you) then the interest rates that were available at the time of order are still in effect when you take delivery.
If you're not going through Ford financing or don't qualify, well, then you're on your own.
Didn't even think of that. That would lock in my rates and given my credit a great rate.

It's not a hybrid it's a loaded lariat with Ecoboost engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's an interesting comment. I did not indicate Ford financing at the time of order back in 8/21, but may consider now if that rate is available. Is that a fact in writing anywhere?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered in october also so we've been waiting coming up on 7 months - just a swag but I think we'll get some notification by end of june of a production date so at the end of summer we should have them, just another 3 months-4 months. It's worth the wait unless you need something immediately and have a near future prospect available or if you put your deposit down on a whim and don't really care. Interest rates are still low - 3-4 percent is still pretty much free money - waiting to buy something new next year if just gonna get you a 6/7 percent interest rate and a higher sticker cost on whatever you're looking to buy. You don't formally need to cancel it until it's being built and you're summoned to the dealer to finalize the financing. Who knows, if you're good at negotiating and BS'ing the dealer might give you some $ to let them have it.
I hope so. I ordered in June. Still waiting. 😳

·
Registered
75 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday...no markup and original finance agreement! 0.9% I'm ecstatic! Even excited to make th 30 mile drive to work, just to get her on the Freeway! Lariat Hybrid luxury pkg. Added hard tonneau and side door moldings, floor mats and wind deflectors. Everything as ordered! Cyber Orange. Ordered 9/7. 🤩🤩🤩

1 - 20 of 32 Posts