Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2022 maverick Lariat
8 Posts
Started the process back in October. Got Confirmation in November. Now with interest rates going up and up to combat inflation, and the 2023 model year release around the corner, not sure waiting is even worth it anymore. I have seen rumor that some 2022 orders are going to be converted to 2023 orders as well. With the reports of mark ups, I am seeing Ranger Lariats going for mid 40s vs Mavs. Not sure it's worth it anymore.

Talk me over or off the ledge.
If you ordered in Oct, Ford will honor the price, and finance that was available to you at that time. When you see the window sticker price is higher for options you ordered, you won't have to pay that amount. If you give up the truck, the dealer will use that number for a larger profit on his end. Nothing has been posted saying that a order switched to a 2023 would change your cost. Don't pass on getting your truck, there worth the wait!

·
Registered
22 maverick
183 Posts
If you ordered in Oct, Ford will honor the price, and finance that was available to you at that time. When you see the window sticker price is higher for options you ordered, you won't have to pay that amount. If you give up the truck, the dealer will use that number for a larger profit on his end. Nothing has been posted saying that a order switched to a 2023 would change your cost. Don't pass on getting your truck, there worth the wait!
I was thinking of ordering five of them in August five basic hybrids just about $100,000 if I could make 5000 off of each that would be good

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's true if you have an ethical dealership! I'm lucky to have one. I picked mine up Tues! She's beautiful! I ordered 9/7. 8 months and 3 days. Damn near like waiting for my kids to be born, but a lot more comfortable!

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
210 Posts
It's true if you have an ethical dealership! I'm lucky to have one. I picked mine up Tues! She's beautiful! I ordered 9/7. 8 months and 3 days. Damn near like waiting for my kids to be born, but a lot more comfortable!
When did they tell give you a VIN # ? If mine takes exactly as long, I should have it in a month (I seriously doubt it). But I have not been given a VIN yet.

·
Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
116 Posts
After our trade in we owe 9300 on our XLT. No production date yet. By the time we get it the fed interest rates for attempting to fix the fallout from Brandonomics will probably be too high, so wife and I will probably take it out of savings and pay savings back instead of an institution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last August I ordered a XLT Eco Boost with 4K towing off road pkg, but wanted to go on a western road trip camping adventure this summer (that was before gas prices went crazy!) so I went ahead and bought a 2021 full size Chev Silverado. I plan to keep the Chev for pulling my camper and now must decide if I want to keep the Eco Boost when it is built and flip it (order price $32k) or assign the order over to the dealer when it is delivered and they will put my name on a standby call list for a hybrid (by order of assignment) and pay the dealership $2,500 over MSRP for the hybrid.
Wondering should I flip the Eco Boost Off Road Pkg myself, and pocket the potential profit, or let the dealership make it and then make an additional $2,500 off me whenever someone doesn’t take delivery on a ordered hybrid! It seems like a double standard to me, but my sales rep said they are now marking the hybrids up $7,500 ea and the Eco Boost models Up $5,000, thus the $2,500 over MSRP for a hybrid and my original order.
I’ve read online that people are already flipping their Mavericks and making a nice chunk of change and are waiting to order 2023 Mavericks with more goodies from the profits from flipping their 2022 Macs. What is y’all’s opinions?

P. S. In the meanwhile my everyday driver is a 2012 Prius that just logged 49.6 mpg yesterday on a 500 road trip.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts