Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
I was never a big ford fan I got the maverick because it seemed to fall in place when I needed it. Low cost decent mpg. As I grow older. The sale nrs are crazy unbelievable. Someone in ford is riding the oh hell yes train. I live in central va not that many Mavericks yet but they are coming. Good work ford!!!
Except for: they aren’t making many.

· Registered
MY23 CarbGray Hybrid Lariat Lux 360/360A
412 Posts
A 3rd shift should help bring the '24s online a lot quicker. Maybe even catch the '23s up. Hopefully, there won't be any outstanding '22 orders from 2021 by that point.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
If Ford wants to add a third shift, it doesn’t take 6 months to do it. Training can be done quickly, and no expansion of the plant is needed. All they need to do is get at it. Apparently they don’t want to. Notice that the third shift would start with what would normally be the beginning of the 2024 model year. Leaving 2022 and 2023 orders left swinging in the breeze.

· Registered
2 Posts
The 3rd shift startup date is fairly close to when orders from the September order bank will be completed. Ford had about 80,000 special orders during the order bank week, plus the need to complete some 2022 orders. Production with two shifts has been about 10,000/month. With a positive assumption that option constraints, such as the hitch, are worked out and they continue to reach production goals, I'm sure thousands more could be quickly sold by dealers. At this point the main benefit of the third shift will be to those ordering 2024 models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts