Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. The Maverick I have ordered has went into production mentioning this week of November 22nd.

What length of time is expected for a maverick to go from in production to being built? My salesman/neighbor says they take 19 hours to build on the line so assuming being switched to "in production" means it's waiting in line to be on the line, parts available, ready to build.

Guess while I'm on questions as I am eager to get the Maverick into my own hands, what are people's experiences with time for shipping? I'm in Michigan BTW.

Just because everyone else asks, I ordered my XLT awd 2.0 August 17th. Got confirmation email same day, and a production notice September 19th. It has been pushed back 4 times to finally going into production this current week.

Excited!

·
Registered
142 Posts
We don't know. Some of us had the freaking truck in production for over one month. Ford is really pushing everyone patient, but obviously, they don't care.

What do you want to do? I'm looking at the new BMW 2 series now. The germans have no issue getting the car available for sale in the US. It's made in Mexico just like the freaking Maverick. But BMW is one or two-step above Ford. Isn't it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So production is just the next stage of waiting......not necessarily meaning truck is any closer to being in my driveway :D

Not going to stray from my order, I'm a ford guy through and through. I did realize my neighbor forgot the FX4 package on my order, not showing up on the sticker......Hopefully he can somehow get through to get that added on...hopefully. ugh, probably not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i placed my order with a $500 deposit on 9/10 and received a confirmation e-mail from ford the same day.
i got the "in production" e-mail from ford on 9/16.
10/21 my dealer said i had an 11/4 build date.
i first saw a window sticker available on 11/1 and it had a 10/28 blend date.
it was built 11/11 with the ford "built" email arriving around 2AM, 11/12 and modules not active until that day.
next ford e-mail (arriving around 3AM) says "shipped 11/13" and ETA is 11/30 - 12/6

·
Registered
142 Posts
So production is just the next stage of waiting......not necessarily meaning truck is any closer to being in my driveway :D

Not going to stray from my order, I'm a ford guy through and through. I did realize my neighbor forgot the FX4 package on my order, not showing up on the sticker......Hopefully he can somehow get through to get that added on...hopefully. ugh, probably not.
I think it depends on what you order. Hybrids status and schedules are useless so far from what I can tell. EBs seems to be doing a lot better from a scheduling and reporting point of view.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Receive an email this morning my Maverick has been built and awaits shipment. Everything is going great....except my neighbor never did add the FX4 package to the build even after I insisted I wanted it....just found this out unfortunately by looking at the window sticker. Not planning g to offroad rally this truck but.wanted every advantage I could when in fact I may of needed it. Also, planned on getting it stuck in the snow. Sure it will happen and was really looking forward to the addition of the tow hooks.as I really don't want to be crawling underneath the front end trying to find somewhere to hang a tow strap! Not sure.what my options are now. Unless he finds an FX4 that made it to a lot but I am not caring to pay a dollar more for the truck I ordered. Hmm....maybe if he agrees to pay for the 2" lift I'd settle....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts