Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a question. I have a confirmed order from 6/14 for a Lariat, 2.0, Luxury Package, and FX4 in Hot Pepper Red. The only standalone item I added was the soft tri-fold tonneau cover. Although it has been at Priority 2 for three weeks, I have not gotten a Production date as of yet. I have seen many builds almost identical to mine get scheduled, even with order dates into July and August. The question I have is, even though I have not seen it, could the tonneau cover be what is causing the delay on mine being scheduled? Everything else on my build are packages. I am afraid that if it doesn't get scheduled this week then it won't be delivered until winter and I have sold my 4x4 Frontier and only have a Mustang to drive and would rather not drive it on icy/snowy/salty roads. Did anyone that did get scheduled have the soft tonneau on their build? And is Tuesday too late to get a change in for Thursday scheduling? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did an order last Friday and my dealer told me not to add any Tonneau cover, as that could delay production...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a question. I have a confirmed order from 6/14 for a Lariat, 2.0, Luxury Package, and FX4 in Hot Pepper Red. The only standalone item I added was the soft tri-fold tonneau cover. Although it has been at Priority 2 for three weeks, I have not gotten a Production date as of yet. I have seen many builds almost identical to mine get scheduled, even with order dates into July and August. The question I have is, even though I have not seen it, could the tonneau cover be what is causing the delay on mine being scheduled? Everything else on my build are packages. I am afraid that if it doesn't get scheduled this week then it won't be delivered until winter and I have sold my 4x4 Frontier and only have a Mustang to drive and would rather not drive it on icy/snowy/salty roads. Did anyone that did get scheduled have the soft tonneau on their build? And is Tuesday too late to get a change in for Thursday scheduling? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure there is no "Soft Tri-Fold Cover" option. There is a soft cover that you roll up, but it's not tri-fold. How-ever there is hard Tri-Fold.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer told me it can't be taken off because order is Priority 2. Has been for 3 weeks. Told me I am still not being scheduled this week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does the sof top version impede a bit into the bed when rolled open? And can the hard trifold be completely removed quickly from top of the bed rails?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the sof top version impede a bit into the bed when rolled open? And can the hard trifold be completely removed quickly from top of the bed rails?
It's hard to say without seeing one, I ordered the soft as well, because (1) I can see out the back rolled up, (2) I think it will impede on the bed less because it's soft. The tri-fold, everyone seems to say they can install it in 20 minutes or less, So taking it off, I assume will be less then 20 minutes, because you will leave the rails in place.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ordered the hard trifold because I live in the Southwest, and that orange ball of rage in the sky will turn anything made of cloth into hard crusty shreds in short order. I'd prefer my cover last a few years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is no "Soft Tri-Fold Cover" option. There is a soft cover that you roll up, but it's not tri-fold. How-ever there is hard Tri-Fold.
yeah, I did see what appeared to be a soft trifold tonneau and a soft roll up tonneau in two different videos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts