Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is just a glitch in the build & price, but it seems you can get the 4k towing package with the 2.0 ecoboost using FWD. I'm genuinely curious as to how this vehicle is going to tow in the different configurations. I'm doing a trip from California to Colorado early next year and will need to be able to tow a 800lb 4*8 U-Haul w/ 800lbs added. Is that worth upgrading to the 4k, or would 2k suffice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The base (2K) hitch package ($100) adds the received and a 4-pin connector, the 4K towing package upgrades this to a 7-pin. The 4-pin connection allows running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. The 7-pin additional pins are for 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer brakes (requires a brake controller in the vehicle), and a reverse light or auxiliary power circuit. I thought I had read somewhere that the 4K tow package included the integrated brake controller - but I can't find it in the options/buying guide.

To me (having a brake controller) is a BIG deal (if towing something with size) and having one is a legal requirement in quite a few states when towing >3K pounds.

From personal experience, with my F150 I considered it a must have when pulling my 3K # trailer plus 3.5K # tractor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered Maverick XLT with the following packages: 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, luxury package, tow package, FX4, and Co-pilot 360.

On the actual build order the tow package has been removed. I don't understand why. If I can't tow 4000 lbs I don't want the vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered Maverick XLT with the following packages: 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, luxury package, tow package, FX4, and Co-pilot 360.

On the actual build order the tow package has been removed. I don't understand why. If I can't tow 4000 lbs I don't want the vehicle.
It can with AWD. Contact your dealer as something must have happened by accident.

Ford is removing FWD and 4k from being compatible, but if you are AWD then it should be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a hybrid on order and will tow a 1200# (dry weight) camper with it. I would prefer a 7-pin connector to take advantage of the camper's auxiliary battery charger and back-up lights. There are no brakes on a camper this light in weight. Is a DIY upgrade to the 7-pin possible?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not sure if this is just a glitch in the build & price, but it seems you can get the 4k towing package with the 2.0 ecoboost using FWD. I'm genuinely curious as to how this vehicle is going to tow in the different configurations. I'm doing a trip from California to Colorado early next year and will need to be able to tow a 800lb 4*8 U-Haul w/ 800lbs added. Is that worth upgrading to the 4k, or would 2k suffice?
Cost of towing package reasonable, so I would get it. You may decide to tow more later. Besides, you have to add passenger & cargo weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me personally I wouldn’t go with 4K since 2k isn’t as much as you think it is. When they say 2k that’s based on a empty truck not with one loaded up with your stuff or passengers. You might really realistically ever get close to 4K but it’s better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. The only tow package or option I would never waste money on is the diesel motor in any small truck or even a full size truck. It only give you a few extra 100lbs of towing for thousands of more money. The Nissan titans got additional 1000lbs tow capability for additional 8k

·
Registered
4 Posts
It caused a fault on the build sheet and be glad it did. The software is smart and will remove anything that is less than the option you selected or anything that you’ve selected twice. Since the FX4 has a better tow package it canceled your selection of the weaker or less tow package. But you would be surprised at what they will put on a build sheet but cancel it saying it’s not a option. They won’t even tell you about it and put whatever they want to put. Ford and the dealership hated me for it and even tried to sue for breach of contract. They had rebuilt my truck 8 times before they sent me the truck I built and paid half up front for. They took me to court after the 6th one only to be told they had to honour their own contract and should’ve never agreed to it to begin with. Or I was going to sue for breach of contract purposely and negatively false advertisement fraud scamming. Instead of all that nonsense they offered to build exactly what I purchased and they were going to refund me and that they were paying for my truck then add on for the time I own the truck they would pay for anything that needed to be fixed or serviced at no cost to me. The dealer was stuck with 7 trucks that they had nothing to do with other be the delivery place. That didn’t understand why I was being so picky since there wasn’t nothing wrong with them and how was I able to select something that’s not a option. I ordered from Iraq straight from Ford is how and it had the option. All of this was over carpet and it had to be a king ranch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts