Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is just a glitch in the build & price, but it seems you can get the 4k towing package with the 2.0 ecoboost using FWD. I'm genuinely curious as to how this vehicle is going to tow in the different configurations. I'm doing a trip from California to Colorado early next year and will need to be able to tow a 800lb 4*8 U-Haul w/ 800lbs added. Is that worth upgrading to the 4k, or would 2k suffice?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it just depends how fast you want to accelerate with the trailer. As far as HP/weight ratio goes, it should be able to pull twice the "rated" tow limit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The base (2K) hitch package ($100) adds the received and a 4-pin connector, the 4K towing package upgrades this to a 7-pin. The 4-pin connection allows running lights, left turn signal and brake lights, right turn signal and brake lights, and ground. The 7-pin additional pins are for 12 volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer brakes (requires a brake controller in the vehicle), and a reverse light or auxiliary power circuit. I thought I had read somewhere that the 4K tow package included the integrated brake controller - but I can't find it in the options/buying guide.

To me (having a brake controller) is a BIG deal (if towing something with size) and having one is a legal requirement in quite a few states when towing >3K pounds.

From personal experience, with my F150 I considered it a must have when pulling my 3K # trailer plus 3.5K # tractor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered Maverick XLT with the following packages: 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, luxury package, tow package, FX4, and Co-pilot 360.

On the actual build order the tow package has been removed. I don't understand why. If I can't tow 4000 lbs I don't want the vehicle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered Maverick XLT with the following packages: 2.0 Ecoboost, AWD, luxury package, tow package, FX4, and Co-pilot 360.

On the actual build order the tow package has been removed. I don't understand why. If I can't tow 4000 lbs I don't want the vehicle.
It can with AWD. Contact your dealer as something must have happened by accident.

Ford is removing FWD and 4k from being compatible, but if you are AWD then it should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts