Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else look through the manual and see there is no transmission dipstick for the 2.0 ecoboost? Am I over looking something. Not a fan of the closed transmission.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ford probably hasn't used dipsticks in years. Heck, my 2003 Tbird doesn't have one. As long as you fix the leaks it shouldn't be a concern. BTW: My trans hasn't leaked in 140k miles. I've changed it a few times. So many people tend to overfill them with who knows what it's best to keep them a sealed unit.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
122 Posts
As said, many transmissions haven't dipsticks in years. Most units are sealed for a number of reasons, and the prevention of them being overfilled, or filled with the wrong fluid is probably one of them. On some models the level must be checked under very strict conditions, like within a very narrow temperature range as displayed on a scan tool.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
36 Posts
What 428PI said. I have a 2012 F150 and it has to be checked from underneath when the truck is on a rack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's. Coming from a 2001 Ranger I've owned for 17 years now. Still trying to get updated with all the newer design and tech stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts