Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we ran out in the rain and tried out a Maverick!

My wife thinks it is too big, near like the Tacoma. This one they have is an ecoboost engined one with 4wd. EPA is 28 mpg vs. about 42 for the hybrid we have on order.

The guy told us it was $33k on the phone and was the XLT (mid trim) with luxury package, so like the one we ordered but without the electric rear window, 2 side heat and leatherette seats.

When there, he handed us the written value, and they’d added $5k to the MSRP. No sale. Said they’d take $2k off that.

I test drove it, but my wife was uncomfortable in doing so. He’d have to bring it out here for her to try but only if the extra on the MSRP is removed. I liked it fine.

Was something to do on a rainy afternoon anyway.

The story on our order is that they won’t take it until August, and then it’s whatever the wait time is then. No add-on to MSRP on orders. So, likely would not get the ordered one until about early to mid summer of 2024. By then, Toyota may have their Scout out.

Had no problem driving either the Tacoma nor the Maverick (with my neuropathy). Just the 2 Mazdas with brake and accelerator pedals so close together (to allow heal and toeing).

Wouldn’t you know, the Tacoma decided to throw a check engine light. Gotta check the code or go to Advanced Auto and get them to do it. Can get Andy to do the fix. First time since we’ve owned it (near 15 years) for it to be a problem.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know difference in heights between the 4wd and hybrid but with 4wd having the 18 inch wheels?

All I or the sales person could come up with is 0.3 inches. I swear this one was taller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts