Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed redundancies in the packages? For instance, the 4k towing package has several of the engine/cooling upgrades in the fx4 package. Or that the xlt luxury package comes with the trailer hitch/4pin as does the fx4 package.

I've had a HELL of a time figuring out what to order. My actual order is an XLT w/luxury package and fx4. I've strongly considered dropping the luxury and fx4 and adding the 4k towing.

OR, the Lariat 2.0 awd with no options....but then you'd lose power seats, spray in bedliner, trailer hitch, heated wiper park, heated mirrors, 6.5 inch upgraded dash screen, etc...

The lariat option that really intrigues me is the sound deadening.

The current ford website is ok, but it isn't really clear how to differentiate the xlt from lariat.

Part of me wants to just scrpa it, buy the XL with the ecoboost, no other options, and make a "mini muscle truck." Lack of cruise control is the deal breaker there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone else noticed redundancies in the packages? For instance, the 4k towing package has several of the engine/cooling upgrades in the fx4 package. Or that the xlt luxury package comes with the trailer hitch/4pin as does the fx4 package.

I've had a HELL of a time figuring out what to order. My actual order is an XLT w/luxury package and fx4. I've strongly considered dropping the luxury and fx4 and adding the 4k towing.

OR, the Lariat 2.0 awd with no options....but then you'd lose power seats, spray in bedliner, trailer hitch, heated wiper park, heated mirrors, 6.5 inch upgraded dash screen, etc...

The current ford website is ok, but it isn't really clear how to differentiate the xlt from lariat.

Part of me wants to just scrpa it, buy the XL with the ecoboost, no other options, and make a "mini muscle truck." Lack of cruise control is the deal breaker there.
That's why I'm getting the XL and just adding the options I want after the fact. There isn't a package that has everything I want and I can't justify the cost of buying all the packages.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's why I'm getting the XL and just adding the options I want after the fact. There isn't a package that has everything I want and I can't justify the cost of buying all the packages.
How do you add a revised GVWR sticker to a truck after it's built?

I guess the better question is what options do you want in your ideal maverick?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I could spec a maverick a al carte, it would have:
ecoboost/awd.
Cruise control
Power seat
spray in bedliner
aluminum wheels
painted doorpulls/rearview
4 pin 2k trailer hitch

I'm sure I'll enjoy the xlt luxury/fx4 stuff, but it made my $25k truck baloon up to $30 pretty fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do you add a revised GVWR sticker to a truck after it's built?

I guess the better question is what options do you want in your ideal maverick?
Well it's not so much the towing and suspension as the "luxury" features for me. I want cruise control with leather wrapped steering wheel, heated seats, and a nice set of rims. All of those things I can install myself

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I believe the lariat comes with a power driver’s seat standard

no one drives my vehicles but me and i never need to readjust seats once I set the way i want so I dont need power ones or heated anything since I’m in So-cali. I can have a leather wrapped steering wheel for less than $100.

·
Registered
224 Posts
no one drives my vehicles but me and i never need to readjust seats once I set the way i want so I dont need power ones or heated anything since I’m in So-cali. I can have a leather wrapped steering wheel for less than $100.
I’m slowly changing my options….started with XLT & now reduced to no Lux pkg. but 2 ons: rear window slider, spray-in bed liner,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well it's not so much the towing and suspension as the "luxury" features for me. I want cruise control with leather wrapped steering wheel, heated seats, and a nice set of rims. All of those things I can install myself
you can install heated seats yourself? wow! I’m impressed! when I asked my Ford sales rep if I bought my own Sirius radio and paid the Ford dealership to install it for me would that be OK. He replied, “oh no you can’t do that! He said that would definitely void my warranty. I told him I didn’t understand why as long it was being installed at a Ford dealership that knows the vehicle and he said “ take my advice and don’t do that as it will void your warranty“

It does seems unfair that one is FORCED to buy Lariat with Lux pkg to qualify for the Sirius radio!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hopefully the upload works, it's the eSourceBook for the 2022 Maverick and at the end there's a trim/package feature breakdown. Yes there's redundancy between the FX4 and 4K tow package so that if you get both, you're not really getting the best deal.
when I tap on the file nothing happens when I agree to download. True 3 times. Can you post it in a different form, maybe?

·
Registered
222 Posts
you can install heated seats yourself? wow! I’m impressed! when I asked my Ford sales rep if I bought my own Sirius radio and paid the Ford dealership to install it for me would that be OK. He replied, “oh no you can’t do that! He said that would definitely void my warranty. I told him I didn’t understand why as long it was being installed at a Ford dealership that knows the vehicle and he said “ take my advice and don’t do that as it will void your warranty“

It does seems unfair that one is FORCED to buy Lariat with Lux pkg to qualify for the Sirius radio!
That's absolutely untrue. Salespeople don't know what they are talking about much of the time. I was Lead mechanic/ shop foreman at a Ford Toyota dealer for many years. The installed aftermarket parts has to be proven to have caused damage or a fault in order for the dealership to reject the claim of a faulty warrantable component. And then it would only be THAT specific component. Proof can often be 'reasonable assumption's.
For Example; you installed a Sirius radio car kit with a 5000 watt amplifier and played it at full volume all the time and blew out the factory 40watt speakers. Yep, those speakers are no longer covered under warranty.
But let's say that you also had a brake caliper stick. They CANNOT void the warranty on the brake caliper due to the radio/amplifier.

I'd bet the salesman doesn't even know what a Sirius car kit consists of our even exists. In his mind you'd be swapping out the whole infotainment system.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Also, let me add my .02 about who you should have install something like said radio kit; A shop that specializes in that type of thing, NOT the dealer (unless it is a Ford authorized accessory)
If you could find a Ford shop who would be willing to do it, they would have to charge you shop time at the full rate to do it. That equals $$$$. The tech who ended up doing probably will never have done one on a Maverick or anything else, won't be as familiar with all the complexities of the system integration etc. As he learns for the first time where that 1 wire should go, you're paying for it.
The Ford techs are trained and very good at working on Factory spec vehicles, including Ford authorized accessories. So, if Ford offers a Sirius radio kit for the Maverick, then the tech would have the factory support and knowledge base to install it just fine and there should then be a flat rate labor time associated with it, so you can get a complete $ quote, parts and labor. If it's not offered by Ford, go elsewhere.
And again, if the aftermarket shop did nothing wrong on the install and what they did cannot reasonably be attributed to the failure of (the factory radio), then full warranty applies. If not, the install shop should provide a warranty on their work.
Keep in mind that some larger dealerships do have a full service customization shop and would likely be able to do your install just fine.

Also, none of what I said implies that dealer 'whatever' won't try to deny your warranty. But it is not right if they do. There are reasons for this but that's a whole different discussion.
I hope that all makes sense?

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's absolutely untrue. Salespeople don't know what they are talking about much of the time. I was Lead mechanic/ shop foreman at a Ford Toyota dealer for many years. The installed aftermarket parts has to be proven to have caused damage or a fault in order for the dealership to reject the claim of a faulty warrantable component. And then it would only be THAT specific component. Proof can often be 'reasonable assumption's.
For Example; you installed a Sirius radio car kit with a 5000 watt amplifier and played it at full volume all the time and blew out the factory 40watt speakers. Yep, those speakers are no longer covered under warranty.
But let's say that you also had a brake caliper stick. They CANNOT void the warranty on the brake caliper due to the radio/amplifier.

I'd bet the salesman doesn't even know what a Sirius car kit consists of our even exists. In his mind you'd be swapping out the whole infotainment system.
I glad you posted…now I have questions now the salma tomorrow when I place my order and deposit. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts