Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
From my knowledge the only ads were the day the Mav was released. and the site or two that was used to announce it. You can find them on youtube now. Personally I think Ford has been winning without putting much effort into advertising it as everyone else has been doing that for them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have not seen one ad for the 'new' Ranger of 2019, the Bronco, the Bronco Sport, or the Maverick.
None. Zero. Nada. The only Ford ads I have seen are mainly for F-150's, with Lincoln models scattered.
Apparently when you have more orders than you can fill... there's no need to advertise.
OTOH, when the Mustang was introduced, the plant capacity dedicated to their production was increased within months of introduction. They had a hit, and capitalized on it. The same is not true, AFAICT, for the Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Maverick. They capacity for their production has not been adjusted, again, AFAIK. Seems to me there was more response to demand a half century ago than today.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If only all of the manufacturers throughout the world had anticipated that the pandemic would result in massive materisls supply chain problems, then they could have...done what, exactly? Built a bunch of manufacturing plants in the US last December using all those invisible extra builders? Trained non-existent workers to build chips from materials found in the forests?

Maybe they could have bought transport ships and trucks from, I don't know, wherever ships and trucks come from.

(Oh wait, trucks might be hard to build because there's a shortage of materials to build them!)

Seriously, it's not just Ford. It's manufacturers of all large consumer goods that use electronic, metal, and plastic parts. Dishwashers, refrigerators, clothes dryers, lawn mowers, tractors, ships. We're on possibly a 6 month hold for the dishwasher we ordered two months ago.

It'll get better, but it won't get better this month.

(I think I'll go buy a backup coffeemaker in case the one I have breaks. THAT would the tragic.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can’t deliver? Lol. There’s a ton of Ecoboosts on the road and now that it’s approved, the Hybrid will follow. ☃🎶 Meanwhile my down payment continues to rise.
The Hybrid was the big selling point. Remember the under 20k Hybrid vehicle ads. The commercials were ready to go months ago, but without the Hybrid a commercial with only the Ecoboost would be a total embarrassment for FMCO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts