Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gotta wake up those drivers that are preoccupied with cell phones and what not
I almost posted about this on a whole seperate thread right after I saw a Maverick in person. The dealer actually lifted the hood, and I was really surprised how much empty space was under the hood ! The motor had no kind of plastic shroud or anything, and I swear there was 10 to 12" above the motor and below the hood, all the way across ! Put it this way, you could probably fit 5 air horns across the engine bay.... But I'm not sure if this is so great ? To look at it with the hood closed, it looks pretty tough, and tall, and like it probably had a lot of machinery under that squarish hood... But no. Not really. Just a surprising amount of empty space. Maybe the 2.0 turbo uses more if that space ? I dunno.
Put it this way, you know that sleeker, sloped down hood on the Hyundai (which a lot of people don't like) well, Ford had enough space to easily do that with the Maverick. The fact that they did not, was purely for looks....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I almost posted about this on a whole seperate thread right after I saw a Maverick in person. The dealer actually lifted the hood, and I was really surprised how much empty space was under the hood ! The motor had no kind of plastic shroud or anything, and I swear there was 10 to 12" above the motor and below the hood, all the way across ! Put it this way, you could probably fit 5 air horns across the engine bay.... But I'm not sure if this is so great ? To look at it with the hood closed, it looks pretty tough, and tall, and like it probably had a lot of machinery under that squarish hood... But no. Not really. Just a surprising amount of empty space. Maybe the 2.0 turbo uses more if that space ? I dunno.
Put it this way, you know that sleeker, sloped down hood on the Hyundai (which a lot of people don't like) well, Ford had enough space to easily do that with the Maverick. The fact that they did not, was purely for looks....
All you need is some aluminum foil. Make a decent sized box, put it on the engine and close the hood. It will squish it down so you know how much room you have. :LOL:

·
Registered
97 Posts
All you need is some aluminum foil. Make a decent sized box, put it on the engine and close the hood. It will squish it down so you know how much room you have. :LOL:
You would need a ball of foil 15" in diameter ! I'm telling you, I've never seen so much empty space under the hood of any vehicle in my life !?!? When I saw this, it reminded me of walking up to one of those store front where the front wall is really tall and fancy,. and totally decorated, then you walk around to the side, or back, and the rest of the building is half the height. All for appearance I guess. Hmmm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well with the glaring lack of fog light option, you should have two front bumper sections to blast against.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts