Ford Maverick Forum banner

Victim of Paying Attention and an Informed Consumer?

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Rmay635703 
#1 ·
As I touched on in another thread I have been following all the news on the Maverick since it became available to reserve. In doing that I feel like I punished myself. Basically I was set on the Hybrid at first. But then I decided I might need some towing and thought about converting to the 2.0 FWD with a 4k tow package. Then I watched a few videos and did some reading and found out it was going to be a late availability so I skipped right to AWD when I submitted my order.

Now Ford is offering a rebate to people that chose the 2.0 FWD with 4k tow package because it is no longer available to offset the cost of going to AWD. That rebate is over $2,300 I believe I was told. So am I correct to assume the rest of us are unable to get this rebate because we switched knowing about this in advance?

I am really thinking I need to reach out to Ford. This is really making me almost want to cancel my order. Simply feeling like I am going to be over paying for my truck by at least $2,000 compared to others getting the same thing I ordered is kind of making me quite a bit angry.

If anyone has anymore insight into this rebate or what FORD might be doing for everyone else that didn't end up in this situation I would love to hear about it. My dealership has nothing for me at this time.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, as much as it sucks, you hit the nail on the head.

Ford is saving face by offering a discount to folks unable to receive the product they ordered. You did your research and ordered what was available. Hindsight is 20/20. It may seem like you're getting hosed, but you're actually not getting treated any differently based on your order. Not defending Ford, but it's just one of those things that comes with life.

I bought tickets on eBay to an event that was cancelled. Initially I got a great deal, but had I spent more up-front through the ticket agency I would be eligible for a refund. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone through the ticket agency.

#4 ·
Cancel your order if you want to. The dealer and Ford won't care at all. At the end of the day, Ford probably realized they messed up when they allowed orders for the 4k towing without the AWD and they are doing what they need to to make it good on the orders where they messed up.

I say good on Ford for fixing it.

An optimistic person would say, "Good for you guys and gals that ended up get upgraded at no cost!" A pessimistic person would say, "They got something free and now I want it too!"

You can choose which one you want to be...

#6 · (Edited)
Cancel your order if you want to. The dealer and Ford won't care at all. At the end of the day, Ford probably realized they messed up when they allowed orders for the 4k towing without the AWD
Yes, Ford cares so little about its customers that they made a customer satisfaction program to upgraded them for free to AWD even if that meant losing ~2.2k per customer on a vehicle that can have such thin margins. Honestly crazy that people can still say things like that when Ford is going so above and beyond as they have enough fine print to get out of the responsibility of fulfilling the FWD 4K orders and just have you on your way with maybe just offer a courtesy $100 voucher.

Reach out to Ford(not the dealership, they have nothing to do with the program), have your receipts handy (order/reservation numbers purchase orders, etc) their primary focus on this program is customer satisfaction so let them know, disregard the absurdity.

#11 ·
As I touched on in another thread I have been following all the news on the Maverick since it became available to reserve. In doing that I feel like I punished myself. Basically I was set on the Hybrid at first. But then I decided I might need some towing and thought about converting to the 2.0 FWD with a 4k tow package. Then I watched a few videos and did some reading and found out it was going to be a late availability so I skipped right to AWD when I submitted my order.

Now Ford is offering a rebate to people that chose the 2.0 FWD with 4k tow package because it is no longer available to offset the cost of going to AWD. That rebate is over $2,300 I believe I was told. So am I correct to assume the rest of us are unable to get this rebate because we switched knowing about this in advance?

I am really thinking I need to reach out to Ford. This is really making me almost want to cancel my order. Simply feeling like I am going to be over paying for my truck by at least $2,000 compared to others getting the same thing I ordered is kind of making me quite a bit angry.

If anyone has anymore insight into this rebate or what FORD might be doing for everyone else that didn't end up in this situation I would love to hear about it. My dealership has nothing for me at this time.
You should only look into your neighbors bowl to make sure they have enough, not to make sure you have more.

You were happy with your deal and pricing, but as soon as you compared your situation to someone else, you became unhappy. That's backwards thinking. Don't be that guy.

#14 ·
What if you weren't going to tow 4000 lbs but you wanted the extra cooling for the engine, radiator, and transmission? The 4K tow package is the only way to get all three. In 50 years I've only seen ice build up on the roads here three or maybe four times. When you add in that you can't tow a AWD with just a front wheel tow dolly. So I ordered what I needed Ford said yes then said no a month after I placed my order. If you order an XL and Ford decided not to build it after accepting your order, then offered you a discount on an XLT I would be happy for you. Then again I'm strange that way

#15 ·
What if you weren't going to tow 4000 lbs but you wanted the extra cooling for the engine, radiator, and transmission? The 4K tow package is the only way to get all three.
You might be able to order the specific parts you want from Ford on your build sheet, or you could order them from the parts counter after you take delivery, or you could accept that Ford doesn't think you need the equipment without the tow package and you don't need it for anything a FWD can do. As long as it's not some software feature that it wasn't built with, you have always been able to just order the parts and put it on yourself, but most dealers are happy to oblige you and it wouldn't necessarily affect your warranty since they are all genuine Ford parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.