Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in an order with Dealer X. I chose this dealer because they offer a lifetime power train warranty. However, I've learned that it doesn't cover the hybrid. Also, thanks to you fine folk, I got my hands on a copy of the order and I am priority 19, the default. I hit the dealer up and asked him to change it to 10, and he said "They would change them all to priority 10 if they could. I really don't understand how all that works."
He's actually not my "local" dealer, as he's on the other side of town. Now that I know the lifetime warranty doesn't really apply, I'm wondering if there's any kind of penalty or problem with me calling Dealer Y (the "local" dealer) and setting up an order with him, in hopes of getting a 10 for priority. My understanding is there isn't really a penalty for not following through. But I wonder if having 2 orders in my name would look suspicious to Ford? Maybe I should just call Dealer X and cancel, then talk to Dealer Y?

TIA for putting up with my rambling question. Hope you folk can give me some good answers!
Thomas

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put in my order about a week ago, and they put me in at priority 10, I didn't know that was good until now, but I didn't have to ask for that priority.

Maybe go through a different dealer that has better customer service!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put in an order with Dealer X. I chose this dealer because they offer a lifetime power train warranty. However, I've learned that it doesn't cover the hybrid. Also, thanks to you fine folk, I got my hands on a copy of the order and I am priority 19, the default. I hit the dealer up and asked him to change it to 10, and he said "They would change them all to priority 10 if they could. I really don't understand how all that works."
He's actually not my "local" dealer, as he's on the other side of town. Now that I know the lifetime warranty doesn't really apply, I'm wondering if there's any kind of penalty or problem with me calling Dealer Y (the "local" dealer) and setting up an order with him, in hopes of getting a 10 for priority. My understanding is there isn't really a penalty for not following through. But I wonder if having 2 orders in my name would look suspicious to Ford? Maybe I should just call Dealer X and cancel, then talk to Dealer Y?

TIA for putting up with my rambling question. Hope you folk can give me some good answers!
Thomas
I'm in the same predicament. What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thomas
i order hybrid and without of state and priority code 10 on june 8 and i am in ca and free shipping

1 - 4 of 4 Posts