Ford Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
310 Posts
I think when it comes down to it....The thing I hate the most is Ford's, model line-up and packaging. Why can't you get cruise control and the FX4 package on the XL? Those are my two main GRIPES. Then you could have a really good basic Maverick and go off road. Like Ford punishes those who love BASIC vehicles. I absolutely love roll windows. I hate power.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why no wide angle driving lights in the lower bumper ? they have molded in rectangles that would be perfect for that option.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a few...
  1. Can't be flat towed
  2. Uses SYNC 3 - not SYNC 4
  3. Strange hole next to 8" display
  4. 8" display - should by 12"
  5. No air vents on the back center console
  6. FIT slots are only in the back seat (Should also in the front and and bed)
  7. Can't get 1st edition in Hot Pepper Red :-(
Aside from that this truck is AWESOME and I can't wait!
I actually liked the little cubby next to the screen when I sat in it. Though appearance wise it's a little strange. 8 inch screen size is fine, though I do wish the 6 inch screen in the gauge area was standard on all trims. The small one, is a bit small.

I think there should be a FIT slot in the front seat area somewhere as well, or the doors of the rear.

Only thing I guess I don't really like is the lack of air vents in the rear, though I have heard that there are vents under the seat, I have not seen that confirmed yet though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One thing I do hate, is the size of the rear sliding window. The size is laughable. I understand the use for pets and hauling long items, but for access to a topper or anything in the bed, is ridiculous.

·
Registered
97 Posts
One thing I do hate, is the size of the rear sliding window. The size is laughable. I understand the use for pets and hauling long items, but for access to a topper or anything in the bed, is ridiculous.
I could be wrong, but I think they did that because it's a "family truck". With it being a crew cab, it's very likely that the driver can't reach the back window. Only the kids can. That could be problematic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think they did that because it's a "family truck". With it being a crew cab, it's very likely that the driver can't reach the back window. Only the kids can. That could be problematic.
No more problematic then the giant windows right next to their seat :) You may be right though, I thought maybe it was another cost issue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No more problematic then the giant windows right next to their seat :) You may be right though, I thought maybe it was another cost issue.
I can't imagine it would cost more to make the windows twice the size. It's the same amount of glass. Just longer tracks for the window to slide along. For the Lariat Lux one that's motorized, a bigger window might cost more, but that would be easy enough to tack onto the Lariat Lux price. Those chumps will pay ANY amount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't imagine it would cost more to make the windows twice the size. It's the same amount of glass. Just longer tracks for the window to slide along. For the Lariat Lux one that's motorized, a bigger window might cost more, but that would be easy enough to tack onto the Lariat Lux price. Those chumps will pay ANY amount.
I was thinking a larger one, would cause it to be three pieces of glass and structure would be affected. Who knows really. (lol chumps, wish i could be a chump )

·
Registered
2013 F150 (sold it already)
23 Posts
Bed is too short. There is not enough room to carry skis in the winter. I would prefer an extened cab and 6' bed. If that was available now, I would be selling my Alltrack, placing order and surviving with one vehicle until it is availble.
I think you will be able to fit your skis diagonally. It is 76" diagonal, which would be 193mm skis.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't like that the 'signature lighting' above the headlights is only available on the Lariat. I get wanting to move people up to the next trim, but now its the same housing, just with a blank space instead of a $2 LED. Just seems stupid to me. Probably cost more in time to figure out what to do with the blank housing than just adding in the little LEDS

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't like that the 'signature lighting' above the headlights is only available on the Lariat. I get wanting to move people up to the next trim, but now its the same housing, just with a blank space instead of a $2 LED. Just seems stupid to me. Probably cost more in time to figure out what to do with the blank housing than just adding in the little LEDS
I agree completely. Headlights seem to be too much of a safety feature to sell a good version and a better version.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mines easy, this is a 2022 model, and LEDS are cheap. No excuse not to have LEDs all around IMO. It can't amount to more than $50 savings per vehicle to still use incandescent in tail lamps and what not.
I like standard headlight more than led. When your led will need to be fix it's not an incandescent at 20$ but all the headlight at 2-300 maybe 400$ so I want to keep it halogen bulbs

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like standard headlight more than led. When your led will need to be fix it's not an incandescent at 20$ but all the headlight at 2-300 maybe 400$ so I want to keep it halogen bulbs
Huh? My LED replacement bulb for my Toyota was $18, and I've only ever replaced one of them because they usually last darn near forever.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My dad needed to replace all the headlight on his Jeep he can't replace only the led. That's better now ok
I don't know which model he has, but there are multiple videos around showing how to replace LED lightbulbs in Jeeps. If he replaced the entire headlight (or taillight) assembly, instead of just the lightbulb, then he had more going on than a burned out bulb. Or he just wanted to...

·
Registered
14 Posts
The biggest benefit to me for all LED lights is not how bright they are, but that they last forever. I had to pay a mechanic to replace the incandescent tail light on my car because they made it very hard to get to the light without proper tools. That cost $35. The bulb itself was probably a couple dollars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t like the carpeted floors and cloth seats in the XL. I am looking for a cheap, practical, fuel efficient, low maintenance car. The Maverick is cheap as a sedan, practical thanks to the bed, and fuel efficient at 37mpg. The hybrid should reduce some maintenance like brake replacements, but could be more costly if the hybrid system fails.

For the interior, I would like something as easy to clean as a Bronco Black Diamond, but I don’t need the off roading abilities that make the Bronco more expensive, less fuel efficient, and less practical than the Maverick.

Unfortunately the Santa Cruz interior is even worse. They market it as an adventure vehicle, but if you come from the beach or the snow, you want to be able to get in you car and not worry about ruining the interior with the carpeted floors, glossy controls, and soft touch materials.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don’t like the carpeted floors and cloth seats in the XL. I am looking for a cheap, practical, fuel efficient, low maintenance car. The Maverick is cheap as a sedan, practical thanks to the bed, and fuel efficient at 37mpg. The hybrid should reduce some maintenance like brake replacements, but could be more costly if the hybrid system fails.

For the interior, I would like something as easy to clean as a Bronco Black Diamond, but I don’t need the off roading abilities that make the Bronco more expensive, less fuel efficient, and less practical than the Maverick.

Unfortunately the Santa Cruz interior is even worse. They market it as an adventure vehicle, but if you come from the beach or the snow, you want to be able to get in you car and not worry about ruining the interior with the carpeted floors, glossy controls, and soft touch materials.
Totally agree with you. The interior is not really practice for sport.

·
Registered
193 Posts
All trims do have LED headlights as far as I know, so safety wise they get a pass, but the taillamps even on the highest trim it says are incandescent. Looks like blinkers still are too. Although it looks like at least on the Lariat you do get a upgraded LED center light w/ cargo lamps, LED highbeams instead of just low (am I reading that right), and some kind of LED DRL strip.

And the problem is that while it sounds super easy to just swap in your own LEDs, in reality its not so easy as most CANBUS go crazy when the resistance is off just a bit, and resistors often don't do the trick and you can end up with hyperflash or bulb out warnings.
not sure if this helps anyone
Font Parallel Motor vehicle Document Number Font Parallel Motor vehicle Document Number

41 - 60 of 92 Posts