Ford Maverick Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have wanted a small pickup for some time. But the big three all colluded to stop making them. The claim was that customers wanted bigger trucks. But then when you looked to buy a used small truck, like a Ranger or S10, nobody's letting go of them before 200,000 miles or they are otherwise used up. Plenty of bigger trucks always available though.

So now they are giving back what they took away, a small four cylinder pickup truck. I don't want an expensive complicated eight speed transmission. I want a manual transmission with my 2.0 liter engine. They didn't bring any innovation to this vehicle, and also neglected to engineer a manual transmission option for it. After all this time, should be a piece of cake for Ford Motor to do this.

So although I'm interested, it's fairly certain I will not buy one of these. Good luck to the rest of you, I guess you did want a small pickup after all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To kind of reverse the question, here's something that I would like that's NOT on the Maverick. Ford should have resurrected the Maverick car's emblem as well, with the capital MAVERICK and the horns above the letter "V". I think it would have looked great on the steering wheel or at least on the glove box door.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I have wanted a small pickup for some time. But the big three all colluded to stop making them. The claim was that customers wanted bigger trucks. But then when you looked to buy a used small truck, like a Ranger or S10, nobody's letting go of them before 200,000 miles or they are otherwise used up. Plenty of bigger trucks always available though.

So now they are giving back what they took away, a small four cylinder pickup truck. I don't want an expensive complicated eight speed transmission. I want a manual transmission with my 2.0 liter engine. They didn't bring any innovation to this vehicle, and also neglected to engineer a manual transmission option for it. After all this time, should be a piece of cake for Ford Motor to do this.

So although I'm interested, it's fairly certain I will not buy one of these. Good luck to the rest of you, I guess you did want a small pickup after all.
I Believe that Dodge is trying to get their RAM 700 model introduced into the American market . It does have a manual transmission and a bigger bed 6’ . Plus it will be a very good competitor for the Maverick .

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't like the lack of manual, but recognize that modern automatics are more efficient than I can be with a manual, even if they do breed a bit more distracted driving in my opinion.
I think the thing I least like about the Maverick is that I haven't been able to drive one yet, and likely won't until mine arrives. The review embargo can't end quickly enough, in my opinion.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't like the lack of manual, but recognize that modern automatics are more efficient than I can be with a manual, even if they do breed a bit more distracted driving in my opinion.
I think the thing I least like about the Maverick is that I haven't been able to drive one yet, and likely won't until mine arrives. The review embargo can't end quickly enough, in my opinion.
I have a manual. 😶

81 - 92 of 92 Posts