Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming that Ford keeps the crew cab as the only available body style, here's what I would like to see:

1) A redesigned rear bumper: the Santa Cruz is, in my view, far uglier than the Maverick. But the SC's rear bumper is more useful, more handsome, and more muscular looking. I would like to see that on the Maverick.

2) Chuck the dial shifter, and replace it with a traditional floor shifter with detents.

3) Keep the hard plastics, but mold in the color like the last gen Ranger, so that if panels do scratch, they don't discolor.

Outside of that, I can't think of anything else on my wishlist.

What are you looking for in the redesigned model?

· Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
905 Posts
Voice activated controls for shifter, keyswitch position, turn signals, horn, wipers, fan speed, temperature. Everything except that needed quickly in an emergency situation.

· Premium Member
336 Posts
+1 on the split rear seat.

Generally speaking the rear cab needs some work to make it double as a more functional storage space. The F150 Crew Cab has a seat that folds up to reveal a completely flat floor for a very functional storage space. You could probably fit a dozen or more 5 gallon buckets back there.

The Maverick has a huge amount of space in the back of the cab but won't fit a single 5 gallon bucket in either the under seat cubbies or on the floor. Won't fit larger tool boxes either. That sucks. It sucks a lot.

Bulky items just won't lay flat anywhere.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Fixture

· Premium Member
336 Posts
I put a larger waterproof (I have a tonneau cover too) tool box in the bed. It is 39" wide, so it just fits between 42" wheel wells. You can set it to open from the front or top.

View attachment 5084
I have no problem fitting a tool box in the bed.

My dilemma is fitting a tool box in the cab. Even a 20" tote won't fit flat anywhere except on the top of the back seat (which means it goes flying on the floor if forced to brake hard).

All I want is a solution to comfortably and securely store a couple of these and maybe a bucket.
Product Luggage and bags Bag Baggage Font

· Registered
905 Posts
I have no problem fitting a tool box in the bed.
But you did get a compact truck after all!

When we moved from our 2,900 sq. ft. home of 29 years to our 1,850 sq. ft. one almost 7 years ago, I did not realize realize how much junk we had (my wife saves everything!), nor that room for it would be THAT much less. Even though we've been unpacking since the move, our garage is still 1/3 full of boxes floor to ceiling, and our walking-in closet is the same but 100% full along with yet other closets! :cautious:

· Premium Member
336 Posts
But you did get a compact truck after all!

When we moved from our 2,900 sq. ft. home of 29 years to our 1,850 sq. ft. one almost 7 years ago, I did not realize realize how much junk we had (my wife saves everything!), nor that room for it would be THAT much less. Even though we've been unpacking since the move, our garage is still 1/3 full of boxes floor to ceiling, and our walking-in closet is the same but 100% full along with yet other closets! :cautious:
Non-sequitur much?

· Registered
905 Posts
I'd like to see the battery charge level added to the hybrid instrument cluster. Every other hybrid I've owned has had one, it's useful for troubleshooting issues.
Yes, I remember sitting in a Prius with the A/C on in the middle of the 114 degree CA desert, whilst our RV tire was being changed. The battery charge gauge just like ours would gradually drop until the engine kicked on and charged it. Similar to when you are coasting in Maverick, and you see the battery slowly charge.

Seems like a simple software change could allow that on Maverick, instead of it sitting on zero (0) while at a red light.

· Registered
1 Posts
All I want is a solution to comfortably and securely store a couple of these and maybe a bucket.
Maybe a dog seat belt thing would quickly and adequately secure your tool bags. They’re only about $8. Have a buckle at one end that can stay clipped into the truck seat belt clip. Other end typically has a slider clip like on the dog end of a leash.

· Premium Member
336 Posts
Use a standard size/mounted radio so we can install something better. I HATE this POS and really want to get rid of it, but there are none that fit.
The radio is by far the only thing I absolutely HATE about my Mav.
Are there really no drop in solutions that fit the console foot print of the Maverick?

I saw elsewhere that someone had managed to install a (IIRC) Sync4 based display in their Maverick. It required changing some harnesses and programming with forsync so it wasn't exactly easy... but it was done.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts