Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Seems fine to me. Some just like to complain!
It's a piece of junk

No HD FM
Bluetooth drops constantly
The sound is just crappy. It needs an equalizer badly
Ford doesn't have any need to know where and when and how fast I am driving.

I don't WANT to complain. I just HAVE to complain when they give you a piece of shit with no way to upgrade out of it.

· Premium Member
319 Posts
The cheap-o display is a legitimate complaint. It was one of the reasons I went Lariat Lux but even the "upgraded" Sync3 display is old tech.

The Sync+ or whatever they call the base XL/XLT unit seems functional enough and still has the features most people want. The main things I hear a lot of chatter about are being slow or freezing, especially when using carplay or android auto features.

The base display seems like it isn't necessarily older technology... it's new, inexpensive tech that is purposely void of features to save costs. That's worse than buying a late model, IMO.

Maverick customers deserve a chance to upgrade their display. This is not unprecedented. Recently Mazda offered a display upgrade for the CX-5 models from years 2014-2020 (IIRC). Of course lucky me...guess who had a 2013 (original model year) that wasn't included in the upgrade even though the 2013-2015 made few changes aside from an improved available drive train.

· Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
866 Posts
The cheap-o display is a legitimate complaint. It was one of the reasons I went Lariat Lux but even the "upgraded" Sync3 display is old tech.
It is called Sync 4 or 4A. I got a pamphlet about 3 free month of Sirius, but I cannot use it unless I have my phone plugged in, AND I have data turned on. I assume the newer ones has Sirius built-in? I did not need phone attached for both my 2012 Touareg or 2014 Cruze. Why does a 2023 need it???!!!

· Premium Member
319 Posts
It is called Sync 4 or 4A. I got a pamphlet about 3 free month of Sirius, but I cannot use it unless I have my phone plugged in, AND I have data turned on. I assume the newer ones has Sirius built-in? I did not need phone attached for both my 2012 Touareg or 2014 Cruze. Why does a 2023 need it???!!!
Seems fine to me. Some just like to complain!

:unsure: Seems like you might have your own complaints? :unsure: It also seems your concerns are not so dissimilar from hawkeye6. I don't get it. 😵

Long story short... I can feel for anyone who wants a better display/radio in the Maverick than the one Ford put in it. As you pointed out vehicles that are going on 10 years old are in some ways more feature rich - and it's not like the Cruze was a luxury car.

The radio/display could be excused on an XL...but I feel for the XLT guys... and to not have an easy path to upgrade it has to be frustrating.

· Registered
38 Posts
I forgot to mention no Sirius either..
these are basics that have been available in other models for years. No excuses.
The worst of all is there are ZERO ways to upgrade it.
Total piece of shit for anyone used to decent quality stereo performance.

· Registered
866 Posts
I forgot to mention no Sirius either..
these are basics that have been available in other models for years. No excuses.
The worst of all is there are ZERO ways to upgrade it.
Total piece of shit for anyone used to decent quality stereo performance.
The audio is fine, just feature lacking. If I didn't have three (3) active cell phones for less than $20 a month TOTAL (including fees/taxes), but with limited shared data, I would not mine AT ALL having to connect my phone for the APPS. I just like saving money!

· Registered
866 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Are there really no drop in solutions that fit the console foot print of the Maverick?

I saw elsewhere that someone had managed to install a (IIRC) Sync4 based display in their Maverick. It required changing some harnesses and programming with forsync so it wasn't exactly easy... but it was done.
If you had Sync4, could you display battery charge state?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts