Ford Maverick banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my ultimate Maverick dream vehicle lineup:

- A regular cab Maverick that is the true successor to what was the Ford Ranger, in a near bare bones fashion. And respectfully, I don't wanna hear that near bare bones vehicles don't sell. Here in the Carolina's, after perusing several listings online, I found that there are PLENTY of new trucks listed with rubberized floor coverings; we like our trucks to be trucks. A regular cab Maverick sized like the last generation Ranger would be perfect.

- An extended cab Maverick like what's listed above.

- A four door Maverick that's an evolution of the Explorer Sport Trak. You wanna make money Ford? Put out the Sport Trak's successor; a lot of us DON'T WANT a hybrid car/truck vehicle. I don't like car/truck hybrids, nor will I purchase one. Make the Maverick a vehicle that is truck like, while being sporty at the same time; I don't get the "lifestyle vehicle" craze, and I can't help but think that people buy that way, because there are no longer any other alternatives.

So what about all of you? Are you all as much sick of the "car/truck" hybrid as I am?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently, I am not the only person with similar views:

"(Jeep CEO) Manley also took the time in his speech to bash ‘fake utility vehicles’ - with the influx of high-riding small SUVs in the industry, claiming that Jeep will be protected by offering products which are more than high-riding cars posing as SUVs.

"People look for genuine things - fake utility vehicles that are cars with lift become commodity players and people will them see as such. We have opportunity to position the Jeep brand uniquely in this segment, protecting margin. The growth in our brand over the last five years has been driven by authenticity, so it remains true to its heritage and true to its brand."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts