Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle

For any new Ford owners getting used to their Maverick, ActiveX is the material Ford as their alternative to using real leather.

The way Ford describes Active is that "ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material designed to fit your active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather while maintaining a premium look and feel over time. ActiveX does not include any animal-based material."

·
Registered
193 Posts
First Vinyl then Naugahyde followed by Leatherette, Synthetic Leather, SofTex, etc. ActiveX sounds cool! Just another spin on faux leather material.
I always wondered where they raised all those naugas, and if the nauga was superior because it knew its purpose for existing. Kinda like the pig at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe in Hitchhiker's Guide.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I always wondered where they raised all those naugas, and if the nauga was superior because it knew its purpose for existing. Kinda like the pig at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe in Hitchhiker's Guide.
Naugas are native to Canada. Superior cold weather flexibility. Their natural color is black but would tint to dark brown if fed maple syrup Harvesting them was banned around the same time as seals.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Interested in seeing how well these age and put up with our abuse.
From what I'm hearing these synthetics have come a long way. Mach-E owners seem to be very happy with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I beg to differ with you. Naugas are native to Vermont. I think they migrated to Canada before the border was closed. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts