Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I contact dealer and thet say my order number is PO20 but when I call Ford, not correct order number. Confused? "Ordered" October 21. Nothing but confirmation email from Ford but really would like status update.
Thanks in advance. Callie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Ford did tell me that IF you delete things thinking it will expedite delivery, it does NOT. Actually puts you at bottom of list again! All good things come to thpse that wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nope. Ford did tell me that IF you delete things thinking it will expedite delivery, it does NOT. Actually puts you at bottom of list again! All good things come to thpse that wait.
Excuse me? Wasn't there an email saying that one should remove constrictors from the order so that your truck wasn't waiting for a backordered tonneau cover, but otherwise done? And so, I did that...but now I'm at the bottom of the list? This makes me all manner of upset. Still, I ordered in November. I wasn't too far from the bottom of the list anyway, I guess....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All depends on who you believe that is telling you accurate information. I , like you , had heard it was better to remove cover but not according to Ford rep I spoke with this morning.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I contact dealer and thet say my order number is PO20 but when I call Ford, not correct order number. Confused? "Ordered" October 21. Nothing but confirmation email from Ford but really would like status update.
Are you sure it's not P020? The way you wrote it is P, then the letter O, then numerals 2 and zero. My order number is R and 3 numerals. Only one letter.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My order # is M063. Does it mean anything? Like will M orders be produced before P orders?
Ford is changing things. Back when I ordered mine the order number was the month and day I ordered, 0701. 07 July, 01 the first. But I was the only order at that time.
But yours now, what is "M"?

Also, I think different dealers must have different numbering systems. If a dealer had multiple orders on the same day, would they all have the same order number? Doesn't seem like that would make sense.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The order number is set by the dealership and really means nothing by itself. It could be the same as others. Mine is c109, but without sales code or VIN or your email it would be difficult to find in there system.

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
272 Posts
The order number is set by the dealership and really means nothing by itself. It could be the same as others. Mine is c109, but without sales code or VIN or your email it would be difficult to find in there system.
That explains it, as mine is 1520. One time I called Ford directly, they gave me their Order Sales Code with an "F" followed by 5 digits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That explains it, as mine is 1520. One time I called Ford directly, they gave me their Order Sales Code with an "F" followed by 5 digits.
My "Order Code" matches the date of my order...1103. My Sales code is, as yours, F with 5 digits. I call them every 3 months or so, and they keep telling me that my order is valid, just waiting. My last verification call was made on 6/13 and they could not tell me yet if it would be a 2023. I'm betting it will be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe order numbers are a Letter and 3 Numbers. Have you tried P020..all zeros.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, does the Sales Code mean anything? Mine is an F followed by 5 digits. From what I think I gathered, that is the number that Big Ford knows about?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the sales code is probably from Fords system as you stated, they all seem to be F and x number of digits, but I am not sure of the sequence and/or meaning.

every time I have contacted Ford customer service, I have given them my sales code, order code and they find it right away. But order code alone is no good and I am guessing the sales code may be Ford and dealer or area related, since they have not been able to find a specific order without a 2nd piece of information like the order code or VIN if issued.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts