Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
273 Posts
I think the sales code is probably from Fords system as you stated, they all seem to be F and x number of digits, but I am not sure of the sequence and/or meaning.

every time I have contacted Ford customer service, I have given them my sales code, order code and they find it right away. But order code alone is no good and I am guessing the sales code may be Ford and dealer or area related, since they have not been able to find a specific order without a 2nd piece of information like the order code or VIN if issued.
From the dealer it is called "Order Number", and from Ford it is called "Order Sales Code". There is no "sales code" or "order code".

The very 1st time I contacted Ford and gave my name and Order Number, and he found my order right away.

·
Registered
96 Posts
  • Order Confirmed 10/19/2021, Step 1 of 5 , Completed
    Order Confirmed10/19/2021
  • In Production 05/25/2022, Step 2 of 5 , Completed
    In Production05/25/2022
  • Built 05/26/2022, Step 3 of 5 , Completed
    Built05/26/2022
  • Shipped Step 4 of 5 , In Progress
    Shipped
  • Final Preparation TBD, Step 5 of 5
    Final Preparation
Here is the latest on my truck. Shipped as of today. Supposed to be arriving by July 17th. May be early or taking a boat trip through China.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I contact dealer and thet say my order number is PO20 but when I call Ford, not correct order number. Confused? "Ordered" October 21. Nothing but confirmation email from Ford but really would like status update.
Thanks in advance. Callie
On your deal sheet from the dealer there should be things like
Priority code 19 Order Code M21H (that is mine)
Sales Code F27054 (mine)
Call 1-800-334-4375 that is Maverick Service and give them your information and they can look you up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excuse me? Wasn't there an email saying that one should remove constrictors from the order so that your truck wasn't waiting for a backordered tonneau cover, but otherwise done? And so, I did that...but now I'm at the bottom of the list? This makes me all manner of upset. Still, I ordered in November. I wasn't too far from the bottom of the list anyway, I guess....
This maverick truck has been the worse buying experience in my lifetime. Ordered july 22 2021,and still no schedule for production. After calling Ford Motor and dealer many times, I am not any closer to getting this car than I was 8 months ago. I get the feeling that when Ford starts to advertise these products, it could be the best time to start shopping again.
I am getting to the point where I am ready to pull the plug on this truck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This maverick truck has been the worse buying experience in my lifetime. Ordered july 22 2021,and still no schedule for production. After calling Ford Motor and dealer many times, I am not any closer to getting this car than I was 8 months ago. I get the feeling that when Ford starts to advertise these products, it could be the best time to start shopping again.
I am getting to the point where I am ready to pull the plug on this truck.
Way too long of a wait. Only problem: people are lined up for it, so why should Ford care?

·
Registered
38 Posts
On your deal sheet from the dealer there should be things like
Priority code 19 Order Code M21H (that is mine)
Sales Code F27054 (mine)
Call 1-800-334-4375 that is Maverick Service and give them your information and they can look you up.
I'm curious. If I call and have them look me up, what kind of information can they give me that I don't already have? i.e. "Your truck hasn't been scheduled for production yet."

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I recall correctly, Order numbers are specific to the dealer, have nothing to do with ford or manufacture. I went back and looked at my email from ford - it does show an order number of 0708. that was simply the order date, and assigned by the dealer. the ford tracking was by VIN, not sure before I got a vin what they used. but my confirmation of the order has no number associated with it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have received my Maverick.. my order number was my initials plus 00.. dealership names it up for their records.. Ford has their own…. Friends that Maverick is well worth the weight!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I contact dealer and thet say my order number is PO20 but when I call Ford, not correct order number. Confused? "Ordered" October 21. Nothing but confirmation email from Ford but really would like status update.
I ordered mine on Oct. 30.
I didn't even receive an order number from my dealership I had to call Ford.
Ford said that I should be getting my VIN number soon.
That's all I've gotten so far.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm curious. If I call and have them look me up, what kind of information can they give me that I don't already have? i.e. "Your truck hasn't been scheduled for production yet."
you won't get much. They don't have any more access on the support side than the dealer does, from my experience. I did call, just once, and it was a waste of hold time. I ordered June 23, confirmed that day (hybrid XLT, lux), and it's finally built and last Monday, June 6. Week of July 11 is my delivery estimate. Based on my wife's Bronco Sport order, that delivery time should be spot on. Though, with hers, we ordered in Feb and have been driving it for a couple of weeks. It's not a bad little toy... hopefully what I learn about her electronics will transfer directly to the Mav

·
Registered
2012 Ford Escape
11 Posts
It was at least 6 months before I heard anything from ford once I ordered & got my confirmation e mail. Ordered in August 2021 and I am still waiting! It’s been built & being shipped to my dealership in Arizona but I have no idea how long that’s going to take!! It gets very frustrating!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Curious about from small versus large dealers.

I ordered a Hybrid, Lariat Lux on August 13. Production was complete April 30. My status changed to "shipped" and presumably my Maverick began it's journey from Mexico to my small, central MN dealer. It is now June 22 and still no truck, though according to Ford, it arrived in St. Paul around June 1.

My friend, who ordered the identical Maverick on August 27 from a larger MN dealer, received her Maverick on June 11. I called Ford on June 11 and was told my vehicle would arrive at my dealer between June 16 & 22. As of today, my dealer still has no word on its arrival, so I called Ford again and they said my delivery date is now July 23! Additionally, I have a coupon good for $750 off my Maverick that expires on July 5. Ford confirms they will not honor it after that date.

So I'm wondering:
-Do larger dealers get preference on custom orders? OR
-Is Ford delaying delivery on vehicles eligible for rebates?

It seems ridiculous that my Maverick will sit for nearly 2 months at a shipping center that is only 2 hours from my dealer. If this is due to preferential treatment for larger dealers, how will this bode for the hundreds of small, rural dealers in a future where it all new cars may be customer orders?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts