Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the rpm's look like at highway speeds, on the hybrid?

Is the electric motor in use at all at highway speeds?

Does the engine drone at highway speeds?

Thanks in advance, to any hybrid operator who might tell me the characteristics of the hybrid/CVT at highway speeds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
At highway cruising speeds, eCVT will maintain engine RPMs at it's most efficient range, usually somewhere around 2250 rpm +- 250 rpm for a 2.5L four. Power delivery will seamlessly shuffle between ICE, M/G and Traction Motor to provide best combination for maximum efficiency. Only droning will occur is when ICE rpms increase substantially to provide extra power for passing or steep hills at high speeds. While I have not driven the Maverick, I have driven several other Ford and Toyota Hybrids so expect same from Maverick.

·
Registered
47 Posts
RPM will depend on acceleration level. On my Fusion Hybrid, the motor will stay at around 2000 for the majority of the time its required to cruise, unless the battery is sufficiently charged, which then turns the motor off. If you need to accelerate, the motor will still stay at around 2000 but you will continue to accelerate as the eCVT continues to adjust ratios. It will remain at that RPM until the acceleration demand gets too much, then it will increase to 4000, or 6000 depending on how hard you are flooring it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RPM will depend on acceleration level. On my Fusion Hybrid, the motor will stay at around 2000 for the majority of the time its required to cruise, unless the battery is sufficiently charged, which then turns the motor off. If you need to accelerate, the motor will still stay at around 2000 but you will continue to accelerate as the eCVT continues to adjust ratios. It will remain at that RPM until the acceleration demand gets too much, then it will increase to 4000, or 6000 depending on how hard you are flooring it.
Thank you both

1 - 4 of 4 Posts