Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
It totally amazes me . That we live in a time where people care much more about the color of their new automobile . Then the build of the vehicle !
Ummmm, they're kinda intertwined don't ya think? A shortage of a compound used in a particular color choice may not be available. Hence that issue right there alone sets you back on your build. I checked that issue out and carbonized gray was available for my Build so yeah I had a concern about my choice.. Happy Trails!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ummmm, they're kinda intertwined don't ya think? A shortage of a compound used in a particular color choice may not be available. Hence that issue right there alone sets you back on your build. I checked that issue out and carbonized gray was available for my Build so yeah I had a concern about my choice.. Happy Trails!
Also I had few choices on my Build so I ordered the base XL w/o options.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
At least it looks like 5+ months for now. Come on March 15! I'll pop the cork after I drive it home. Beginning to look a little brighter and that's a relief. Glad I didn't order the Hybrid. It appears those orders for the most part won't hit the street until MY23.
I ordered Hybrid and I am hoping to get an email from Ford any day now 🤣

·
Registered
188 Posts
Also see spray-in bed liner. Same. Chemical/compound shortage. I'm having mine done here.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Also see spray-in bed liner. Same. Chemical/compound shortage. I'm having mine done here.
There are MANY articles about the Ford plants shutting down or cutting production severely . All of them say the same thing . Chip Shortage, Chip Shortage, Chip Shortage . And nothing about anything else like shortages of compounds for making paint, Brake pads, glass for windshield , fabric for making seat , or steel for actually building a vehicle .

What America needs are plants to build are own chips for the Chip Shortage. And until this happens your delivery dates for the next few years will be delayed delayed delayed and changed changed changed . This problem is not just gonna go away next month or in the next six months or even a year from now !
But I do believe we will start to see a tire shortage before 2025 .

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are MANY articles about the Ford plants shutting down or cutting production severely . All of them say the same thing . Chip Shortage, Chip Shortage, Chip Shortage . And nothing about anything else like shortages of compounds for making paint, Brake pads, glass for windshield , fabric for making seat , or steel for actually building a vehicle .

What America needs are plants to build are own chips for the Chip Shortage. And until this happens your delivery dates for the next few years will be delayed delayed delayed and changed changed changed . This problem is not just gonna go away next month or in the next six months or even a year from now !
But I do believe we will start to see a tire shortage before 2025 .
See spray-in bed liner's not on your list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received an email from Ford today below. XL Hybrid ordered on September 2. I ordered without any options, carbonized grey. If anyone knows the speaker sizes, please let me know. Also, I am considering changing out the rims and adding a keyless lock that Fords and Lincolns have if anyone has any thoughts. I got the xl for the black onyx interior color rather than the blue for the XLT.
Yesterday, I asked the dealer for an order/ tracking number. Yesterday's status was approved and unscheduled. Andy at my Ford dealer gave me a four character Dealer Order number and a seven digit tracking number so I can look for updates on my own. I wanted to be able to check on my own without bothering Andy by tracking myself. Coincidentally, I received an email the next day. Here is the Ford email.

We are excited to let you know your 2022 Maverick XL has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of April 25, 2022.
In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Perry Ford of National City. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.
We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received an email from Ford today below. XL Hybrid ordered on September 2. I ordered without any options, carbonized grey. If anyone knows the speaker sizes, please let me know. Also, I am considering changing out the rims and adding a keyless lock that Fords and Lincolns have if anyone has any thoughts. I got the xl for the black onyx interior color rather than the blue for the XLT.
Yesterday, I asked the dealer for an order/ tracking number. Yesterday's status was approved and unscheduled. Andy at my Ford dealer gave me a four character Dealer Order number and a seven digit tracking number so I can look for updates on my own. I wanted to be able to check on my own without bothering Andy by tracking myself. Coincidentally, I received an email the next day. Here is the Ford email.

We are excited to let you know your 2022 Maverick XL has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of April 25, 2022.
In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Perry Ford of National City. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.
hopeful for me- i ordered late sept. same outfit but blue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

That's a great news. Congratulations 👏🎉

·
Registered
24 Posts
I noticed you mentioned "Maverick Thursday" . Does Ford updates Maverick order status on Thursdays?
Additionally, since you called every Thursday, do they have more updated information over the phone than receiving the email updates from Ford?
I also read that you already received your dates. So congrats
Yes. Per Ford, VINs are assigned on Wednesdays and communicated on Thursdays. Calling didn't really do much good, but I saw some people on here didn't get an email, but apparently already had a VIN. All you can really do is wait unfortunately. Good Luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yes. Per Ford, VINs are assigned on Wednesdays and communicated on Thursdays. Calling didn't really do much good, but I saw some people on here didn't get an email, but apparently already had a VIN. All you can really do is wait unfortunately. Good Luck!
Thank you for the explanation. I at least saw one person, @MaverickXLsanDiego received his email yesterday when it was Thursday. That explains it. I will start calling them on weekly bases

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I was expecting production update email from Ford with a VIN, but instead I received the following email from Ford. Even though it says, an important update about my order, it doesn't seem to be specific to my order:

AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT YOUR ORDER

Thanks again for placing your 2022 Maverick XL order. While we’ve been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we’ve run into a few delays.

Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production.

We know there’s a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is ready to move into the production schedule, you’ll be hearing from us again.

Did anyone else get this email from Ford as well? Is that part of the progress?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts