Ford Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was expecting production update email from Ford with a VIN, but instead I received the following email from Ford. Even though it says, an important update about my order, it doesn't seem to be specific to my order:

AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT YOUR ORDER

Thanks again for placing your 2022 Maverick XL order. While we’ve been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we’ve run into a few delays.

Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production.

We know there’s a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is ready to move into the production schedule, you’ll be hearing from us again.

Did anyone else get this email from Ford as well? Is that part of the progress?
I have never gotten an update from Ford. But my dealer asked me to remove the spray in bedliner last month.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My order does not have any options. It's the most basic XL. I doubt it has anything specific to your order. They may have sent this email to everyone
I received this same email just after midnight last night and thought the same thing. I opened it thinking it was the email telling me my order had been scheduled for production; but no, it wasnt that email. As mentioned earlier in this conversation, I order a very basic XL model with only one option, CoPilot 360. I've heard this option is one which has supply constraints.

My guess is this email went out to everyone with an open order, as Ford is probably getting pummeled with phone calls from Maverick customers asking when they'll get their truck, especially with gas topping $5/ gallon now.

This is my first experience ordering a new vehicle from Ford and this email left me with two questions:

1. The email heading mentions "a change" in my order; however, if the purpose of the email is just to mention they're delayed in scheduling production then what "changed" in the order?
2. If Ford is unable to schedule my order in the 2022 model year, then what happens? I read an article which mentioned "if the order is unable to be scheduled for the 2022 model years, then the customer will have to convert their retail order to a 2023 Ford Maverick when the order bank re-opens later this summer".

I understand Ford had similar scheduling/ supply issues with the Bronco. For those 2021 orders which had to be pushed back to 2022, were those orders prioritized to the top of the queue or did the 2021 customers have to get "back in line" when the ordering opened for 2022 model year?

Also, what about price? One of the main reasons I ordered this truck was price. Would Ford keep my price the same for a 2023 model, if it comes to that?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I received this same email just after midnight last night and thought the same thing. I opened it thinking it was the email telling me my order had been scheduled for production; but no, it wasnt that email. As mentioned earlier in this conversation, I order a very basic XL model with only one option, CoPilot 360. I've heard this option is one which has supply constraints.

My guess is this email went out to everyone with an open order, as Ford is probably getting pummeled with phone calls from Maverick customers asking when they'll get their truck, especially with gas topping $5/ gallon now.

This is my first experience ordering a new vehicle from Ford and this email left me with two questions:

1. The email heading mentions "a change" in my order; however, if the purpose of the email is just to mention they're delayed in scheduling production then what "changed" in the order?
2. If Ford is unable to schedule my order in the 2022 model year, then what happens? I read an article which mentioned "if the order is unable to be scheduled for the 2022 model years, then the customer will have to convert their retail order to a 2023 Ford Maverick when the order bank re-opens later this summer".

I understand Ford had similar scheduling/ supply issues with the Bronco. For those 2021 orders which had to be pushed back to 2022, were those orders prioritized to the top of the queue or did the 2021 customers have to get "back in line" when the ordering opened for 2022 model year?

Also, what about price? One of the main reasons I ordered this truck was price. Would Ford keep my price the same for a 2023 model, if it comes to that?
I agree with you on everything.

When I saw the email, I was so happy assuming it was production email. Even title was misleading about "change" and "important update".

I bought the truck as $20k which is why I didn't add option to increase the prices to double the price. I have a lot more options with higher price. If I have to pay more, I may consider changing my mind. For now, it appears to be the same price and I hope they keep it the same price if we end up getting 2023. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I finally received some good news.
My Maverick is being built the week of May 23rd.
A VIN has been assigned
Window Sticker is not assigned yet

I did not receive an email from Ford.
I asked my dealership and they provided the status.
I call Ford once a week and as of last week, there was no date or VIN in their system.
I placed the order in September
My Maverick is the most basic Maverick without any options
It is in Area51 color.
My dealer thinks I should have the vehicle by June 😁

·
Registered
58 Posts
A VIN has been assigned

I call Ford once a week and as of last week, there was no date or VIN in their system.
It is in Area51 color.
Mine too! I ordered in Sept. and it'll be built May 30th week. The dealer has been telling me status every couple weeks with a text. It was good to see they last text I can tell ya.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A VIN has been assigned

It is in Area51 color.
That's great 👍. I still haven't heard anything yet but I have co pilot 360 on my order. Thanks for letting us know and hope you enjoy your truck.

·
Registered
XL cloth seats/ Area 51 paint no options
51 Posts
A VIN has been assigned

It is in Area51 color.
Same truck ordered in August. Chat says build next Wednesday no other updates/ sticker yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good news! I got the automated email from Ford today, indicating my truck is scheduled to be built the week of May 16th. My truck is just a base XL hybrid with only one option, copilot 360, in Area 51 blue. The email provided my VIN number but not a window sticker. I'm happy to see the order is making some progress 😄👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
A VIN has been assigned

It is in Area51 color.
I have never received an email from Ford concerning my order for an XLT. My dealer has never called or emailed. I ordered late Oct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good news! I got the automated email from Ford today, indicating my truck is scheduled to be built the week of May 16th. My truck is just a base XL hybrid with only one option, copilot 360, in Area 51 blue. The email provided my VIN number but not a window sticker. I'm happy to see the order is making some progress 😄👍
I just received an email about my XL ordered in early September....

"We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2022 Maverick XL.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of May 2, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status."

I am guessing XL will be at dealer early June....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have never received an email from Ford concerning my order for an XLT. My dealer has never called or emailed. I ordered late Oct.
I never got anything from Ford either, so I called 800-334-4375 and they verified. I ordered in September. My saleslady started texting me in late February every couple of weeks which was nice. Just got word My build is the week of May 30th, from my saleslady. It's nice when the news finally gets here. That puts delivery in mid to late June. good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I just received an email from Ford that my Maverick is being produced on the week of May 23rd and they provided the VIN number.

It's interesting that's the same information dealer provided and had it on their system since April 14th. It took 15 days for the email to come from Ford. Hope my Maverick comes faster than their email system 😂

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just received an email from Ford that my Maverick is being produced on the week of May 23rd and they provided the VIN number.

It's interesting that's the same information dealer provided and had it on their system since April 14th. It took 15 days for the email to come from Ford. Hope my Maverick comes faster than their email system 😂
I only got the info from my dealer. I'm just glad SOMEBODY told me.:D

41 - 60 of 67 Posts