Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This whole process is not something I have not gone through before, add in the chip shortage, and it's completely foreign. I was just reading an article that the Ford Mexico plant will be going to one shift for a week this month and that production of the Maverick will be impacted.

I would have to think the preorders are at least 50,000 trucks... how many trucks can Ford make in a day??? I would think we are at least Summer 2022 before these 50,000 preorders are filled??? Am I way off or is this an accurate estimate? If they can spit out 100 new trucks a day, do the math and 365 days is 36,500. But I have no idea how many trucks are sitting premanufactured or if 100 in a day is even close to the number actually produced?

I am trying to figure out if I need to throw in the towel and purchase another model truck (I need a truck) and do not want to wait 12 months or longer only to find out it will be even longer. Now is the time to sell our used cars.

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello,

This whole process is not something I have not gone through before, add in the chip shortage, and it's completely foreign. I was just reading an article that the Ford Mexico plant will be going to one shift for a week this month and that production of the Maverick will be impacted.

I would have to think the preorders are at least 50,000 trucks... how many trucks can Ford make in a day??? I would think we are at least Summer 2022 before these 50,000 preorders are filled??? Am I way off or is this an accurate estimate? If they can spit out 100 new trucks a day, do the math and 365 days is 36,500. But I have no idea how many trucks are sitting premanufactured or if 100 in a day is even close to the number actually produced?

I am trying to figure out if I need to throw in the towel and purchase another model truck (I need a truck) and do not want to wait 12 months or longer only to find out it will be even longer. Now is the time to sell our used cars.

Thanks,
Dustin
Most mnf plants build over 1000 vehicles PER DAY at every plant. Some are close to 2000 per day.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think around the holidays if you order one that doesn't won't get delayed but we have the bronco as example of delays

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great information, thanks for the posts! I would never have guessed it was that many!! Is that a good thing?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good question...Which leads to the next... From the start of production on the Bronco until it arrived at the Dealers for sale...How long did it take ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
First production began October 26, 2020 producing 844 units for the month with a small handful of deliveries (22) in November into December which saw 5,000 sales (deliveries?)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just chatting with a Ford rep that gave me a site to check order status but requires a VIN, how does that work? A vin on a truck that has yet to be built????

·
Registered
216 Posts
So possible we could have our trucks by Christmas?

·
Registered
216 Posts
11 months ? Boy I know I didn't sign up for that...but of course that give me more time for a bigger Down payment.....and 11 months is my Birthday... Maybe it's not all bad :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was just chatting with a Ford rep that gave me a site to check order status but requires a VIN, how does that work? A vin on a truck that has yet to be built????
VINs get issued when the manufacture is scheduled and the build order gets locked in at that point. The estimate was that'd begin mid-July with production starting mid-August. Although Ford did produce 300 Bronco Sports in September before the official October production start so a good portion of August Mavs could likewise be destined for testing examples and dealer samples.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you all feel comfortable ordering a new model's first year? I always seem to feel uneasy doing that for some reason. I usually like to see real world reviews, etc...before I buy. Thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you all feel comfortable ordering a new model's first year? I always seem to feel uneasy doing that for some reason. I usually like to see real-world reviews, etc...before I buy. Thoughts?
The "don't buy a first-year model" scare is not as bad now as in the past. When you look at the dollars spent on engineering and testing, no manufacturer wants to sell a dog today, especially social media that will constantly send out reviews. There will always be a 'flaw' discovered in real-world use, but that is expected for a recall, which is also why there is a warrantee. My dealer is close so I have no regrets about being a first-year guinea pig. lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts