Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why am I buying a Maverick?
I need a inexpensive, high MPG, small vehicle.
I currently have a Ram 2500 4x4 diesel powered go nearly anywhere.
It gets 20 MPG. It tows our 15,000 pound 5th wheel RV effortlessly.
My other vehicle is a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that will go anywhere. She’s old but went to Moab, Utah and climbed like a goat.
So we have owned many trucks over the years.
The Maverick will become out primary transportation. Because I think it will serve the function as a capable conveyance with excellent gas mileage. It can carry a a half ton of whatever we want.
I guess this is about the texting regarding turning a little truck into a lifted or slammed on-off road badass mini-monster.

Well to each their own.
Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buying the Hybrid Maverick XL.

My build came at $22,5hundredish

I only added the rear window, 110 poweroutlet, tow hitch and the Safety 360.

I currently drive a 2007 Honda Element AWD; ot gives me 18MPGs. I have only used the AWD maaaaaybe once. In Baja.

My commute is 40 miles round trip, so i need a more fuel efficient vehicle.

So, i decided on the Mav Hybrid. I hope it's as reliable as my Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can I go to the hardware and lumber yard for projects. YES
Can I tow a trailer to pickup larger lumber and projects. YES
Can I get in and out of the truck without needing a ladder. YES
Can I still sit like being in a truck. YES
Can I get 40+ miles a gallon with the hybrid. YES
Did I get AWD. NO :-(
Can I get luxury package. YES
Can I get a smooth riding truck. I hope so.
Can I get it for a really good price. YES
Does it look good. YES
Will I be happy when I get it. YES

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why am I buying a Maverick?
I need a inexpensive, high MPG, small vehicle.
I currently have a Ram 2500 4x4 diesel powered go nearly anywhere.
It gets 20 MPG. It tows our 15,000 pound 5th wheel RV effortlessly.
My other vehicle is a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that will go anywhere. She’s old but went to Moab, Utah and climbed like a goat.
So we have owned many trucks over the years.
The Maverick will become out primary transportation. Because I think it will serve the function as a capable conveyance with excellent gas mileage. It can carry a a half ton of whatever we want.
I guess this is about the texting regarding turning a little truck into a lifted or slammed on-off road badass mini-monster.

Well to each their own.
Happy Motoring.
Since the other thread was referred to, I will answer your post:

I am interested in the Maverick for all of the reasons that you listed.

I should've been more specific in how I opened that thread; I am not interested in a lifted Maverick; I simply wished that Ford gave us an extra inch of ground clearance.

That extra inch or inch and half makes a huge difference; it means the difference between having to jack the vehicle up or not when changing fluids underneath; it makes a huge difference when driving down rutted roads. In NYC, some of the roads crown significantly in spots. I always value ground clearance.

Somehow, my query got scrambled into people thinking I wanted something way lifted; I do not.

My last gen, regular cab, Ranger 2WD, is completely stock; I used to drive it in NYC all of the time; I found it to be a perfect vehicle, so much so, that I can't part with her. She's a perfect runabout.

What's interesting on the thread that I had started, is that some posters thoughtfully answered me with reasons that made sense, while others were a little intolerant: they're entitled to like what they like, and hold the opinions that they hold, but others are not allowed the same.

Fascinating.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm getting ready to retire and my wife's 2014 is getting a few miles on it and when I quit I don't want any vehicle hassles. I'll keep my old '98 Ranger. It's coming up on 300k mi. Doesn't look that great I've used it as a truck should be. Hauled gravel, stone, lumber, motorcycles, appliances, loaned to people moving, camping, road trips, well you get the idea. It's still a daily driver and dependable as he!!. The Maverick will get a few miles on it at first, then retirement for both of us and the new truck will live out its days on Home Depot and grocery runs when it's not in the garage.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
My wife and I always keep a "next car wish list" going. When Ford officially introduced the Maverick with photos and videos, we immediately put it at the top of the list. Our 12-year-old Murano has been a great, comfortable vehicle, especially for long trips, but the last two years have seen us spending a lot on its maintenance. Nothing scary, just a lot of stuff that any car needs replaced at 150k miles -- wheel bearings, tire pressure sensors, catalytic converter, struts, sensors, etc. Rather than spend (on average) $300 to $400 a month on repairs, I would much rather put that toward a new car. The Mav is exactly the right size, exactly the right shape, and exactly the right price for what we need. Our local Ford dealer sells a lot of stock at invoice, so the Mav we have on order costs around $33k (with tag/tax/title) for the XLT FX4 with Tow and Luxury packages and a few other extra-cost options such as the moonroof. The salesman helped us configure it so that our options would not create additional delays on the production line. For example, we dropped the hard-folding tonneau cover and will buy one once the truck is here. Not only are we looking forward to the truck, but we had a rather enjoyable experience with the dealer. When the Mav arrives is anybody's guess, but we would rather wait on it than buy some other vehicle right now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For me it comes down to the Maverick being a practical urban pickup, everything else is too much truck.
This. The Mav is replacing a 2012 F150 for me. While I loved the F150, I didn't love the fuel economy, parking at the airport, or tight spaces in general, or taking it to Seattle or Portland. 99.99% of my driving I didn't need a full size pickup. The Mav will handle all of those tasks while being a much better city vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My reasons why a Maverick: Currently an F-150 owner, years back I lived in the country on stone roads, one way in and out with hills, needed the 4x4, hauled rock, wood etc. I towed a trailer with my 69 Cougar to car shows, needed room for a family of 6, it fit my needs and is a great Truck. Now I'm in my mid 70's and have moved into the city, only 2 in family now (back seat belongs to my dog), I don' do snow if I can help it, I don't tow my 2015 Mustang LE (I drive it) and only haul small stuff. The Maverick will do what I need now plus more than double my gas mileage, so I have put one on order.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought a Maverick because my wife and I needed a vehicle that can haul stuff to the dump, bring home things that were too big to fit in my Focus, and still haul all the family in relative comfort. A bonus is that it's able to tow the eventual camper large enough for my family but not so large that we don't enjoy the outdoors when we're camping. The fact that between insurance and car payment it's the same cost as my wife and I having 2 cars is an added bonus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts