Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly they should just build it in to the factory mirror. It would probably add $100 to their production cost.

And it seems like a little software tweak could just have the backup camera recording in the background with the dash cam for front and rear views

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
27 Posts
Honestly they should just build it in to the factory mirror. It would probably add $100 to their production cost.

And it seems like a little software tweak could just have the backup camera recording in the background with the dash cam for front and rear views
That is how my current setup is, all aftermarket products though that I had to figure out how to work myself.

I don't and I'm not sure why I would need one.
So you can catch footage of lightning that strikes the car in front of you lol or you know to prove your innocence in an accident? Plenty of reasons to have them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is how my current setup is, all aftermarket products though that I had to figure out how to work myself.

So you can catch footage of lightning that strikes the car in front of you lol or you know to prove your innocence in an accident? Plenty of reasons to have them.
I have never had an issue with any of what you mention. I'm thinking if by some chance something like that were to occur, one of the thousands of cameras attached to nearly every structure nearby will have me covered. 😄

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
279 Posts
You can get great $20 ones all day long. Just add a memory card.

Just every once in a while you have to reattach it, as the suction cup lets loose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most Teslas have built-in "dashcams".

GM began offering a "dashcam" feature called the Performance Data Recorder in some Chevrolet and Cadillac models beginning in 2014.

Most new automobiles now come standard with at least one camera. It would be nice if the automakers allowed this camera to record - the additional cost would be minimal.

Now a days who doesn't have a Dash Cam .
The vast majority of drivers don't have dashcams. I personally don't know of any family members or close friends who have one.

I don't and I'm not sure why I would need one.
I've been running dash cams in all my vehicles for years. I've caught a few mildly interesting events. One recording, in particular, came in handy to identify and convict a person who vandalized one of my vehicles.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I didn't think a dash cam was anything I'd ever want to install in any of my vehicles until a big SUV stopped in front of me (in my little sports car) and then backed into me.
When the driver put in a claim to our government auto insurance corp. she claimed that I ran into the back of her vehicle.
Unfortunately, in a rear-end collision the driver in the rear is always at fault, unless proven otherwise.
I had no proof (my word against her's) so the accident was deemed my fault.
If I had a dash cam I could have used the video as evidence, but I didn't......but I do now in all my vehicles, including my motorhome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts