Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ordering the Maverick has been one screw-up after another. Placed the order the middle of June. Went to local dealer, signed papers and put $1000 down. After over a week and reading here that I should have hear from Ford, I called to find out that no one turned my order in to Ford. 3 calls to my salesman's voice mail for changes that I learned about on here, like eliminating the spray in bed liner for quicker delivery, when unreturned. 1 call to the sales manger went unreturned. The finance lady called Jan.5th and said my Maverick was unloaded off the train near Columbia, about 40 miles away and would be brought here by truck soon. 1 week later I called the dealer and was told it had to be delivered by an authorized Ford carrier. I have called several Ford numbers, been put on hold for long waits, never spoke to humans, but left my name, number and reason for calls. No follow up calls, Nothing. Now I see my delivery date has been pushed back from Jan 11th to Jan 20th. 40 miles away and a 2 week wait. Last Ford I bought was a new 98 F150. Been a Chevy and Toyota truck buyer. With this Ford experience and my last Chevy shudder transmission and electronics problems, I will go back to Toyota.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Toyota will be no different as long as there are supply shortages and shipping backlogs. I drive a Toyota, and I was at my dealership just before Christmas. The lot had one new truck for sale and maybe four other 2021 or 2022 vehicles filtered among the pre-owned inventory. Wait a year, and this may all be better. Or worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toyota will be no different as long as there are supply shortages and shipping backlogs. I drive a Toyota, and I was at my dealership just before Christmas. The lot had one new truck for sale and maybe four other 2021 or 2022 vehicles filtered among the pre-owned inventory. Wait a year, and this may all be better. Or worse.
I asked why if I signed the papers, handed the dealer a check, couldn't we drive the 40 miles and pick up the truck off the holding lot. Still no answer from Ford.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be happy you are getting it.
Not a very good reply. Is this what is to become the new normal, 3rd world service. If you accept crappy service with out raising HELL, then you are telling them it's ok to screw people. Not me. Even though I worked for another man I made my customers #1 and so did my employees. Lost is being proud of the job you do and not just taking the paycheck. Not a very bright future for America if this is the path we lemmings follow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not a very good reply. Is this what is to become the new normal, 3rd world service. If you accept crappy service with out raising HELL, then you are telling them it's ok to screw people. Not me. Even though I worked for another man I made my customers #1 and so did my employees. Lost is being proud of the job you do and not just taking the paycheck. Not a very bright future for America if this is the path we lemmings follow.
I can understand the lack of communication being upsetting. It leaves you with no idea what is going on and wanting answers is more than fair. One thing I know for sure is that it must go through PDI before you can take ownership. That is standard and unavoidable. Even though it's been maddening for you to go through this process, I have to agree that at least it is there and will soon be in your hands, even though you already have decided that Ford is not for you, which sucks since you just bought one.
Forehead Facial expression Vision care Window Interaction

·
Registered
192 Posts
My ordering the Maverick has been one screw-up after another. Placed the order the middle of June. Went to local dealer, signed papers and put $1000 down. After over a week and reading here that I should have hear from Ford, I called to find out that no one turned my order in to Ford. 3 calls to my salesman's voice mail for changes that I learned about on here, like eliminating the spray in bed liner for quicker delivery, when unreturned. 1 call to the sales manger went unreturned. The finance lady called Jan.5th and said my Maverick was unloaded off the train near Columbia, about 40 miles away and would be brought here by truck soon. 1 week later I called the dealer and was told it had to be delivered by an authorized Ford carrier. I have called several Ford numbers, been put on hold for long waits, never spoke to humans, but left my name, number and reason for calls. No follow up calls, Nothing. Now I see my delivery date has been pushed back from Jan 11th to Jan 20th. 40 miles away and a 2 week wait. Last Ford I bought was a new 98 F150. Been a Chevy and Toyota truck buyer. With this Ford experience and my last Chevy shudder transmission and electronics problems, I will go back to Toyota.
I get that it's been a rough experience, BUT your issue is with the dealer and their lack of communication, and the ordering manager at the dealership that placed your order who failed to enter your email.

For your part, it sounds to me like you made a few phone calls, but only ever visited the LOCAL dealer to place the order... Same thing happened to me, the difference is I went back to the dealership during the normal working hours, asked to see the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement), mentioned I didn't get an email and they were able to add my email and update the order with some changes (eliminated the Moonroof) to the order... Sometimes it takes more than a phone call or two to get the result you want.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I get that it's been a rough experience, BUT your issue is with the dealer and their lack of communication, and the ordering manager at the dealership that placed your order who failed to enter your email.

For your part, it sounds to me like you made a few phone calls, but only ever visited the LOCAL dealer to place the order... Same thing happened to me, the difference is I went back to the dealership during the normal working hours, asked to see the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement), mentioned I didn't get an email and they were able to add my email and update the order with some changes (eliminated the Moonroof) to the order... Sometimes it takes more than a phone call or two to get the result you want.
Ah, that’s right! If they didn’t enter your email then that was a huge problem for communication.

·
Registered
222 Posts

If the dealer is telling you, they don't have any information, they don't care or are lying.

I have been getting updates from my dealer during the whole process.

This is the latest.

Good afternoon, John.

The VIN for your Maverick is - 3FTTW8E______________.

We have gotten a build date and ETA date from Ford (finally).

It is scheduled to be built the week of 1/17 and the ETA is showing the week of 2/28.

So, finally some progress. I appreciate your patience during this long process.

I will keep you posted as we receive more information.

Thanks.

Have a great rest of the week.

·
Registered
192 Posts
@Grumps

I get a call from my Sales guy every Thursday like clockwork with an update on my build... still waiting to be built but last week I got confirmation that my X-plan PIN has been attached to my order.

·
Registered
22 maverick
67 Posts
I did ,my gmc trans died 99k tacoma still going 281k .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is due to be built at the end of the month, called the dealer a month ago and inquired on financials. "We will look at that when the truck gets here".

Called again to find out they are going to try and mark up the truck $10k. Working with Ford to force the dealer to honor the deal I signed on for. I feel like they are holding the truck hostage. Knowing anything I do now will put me in a truck in 2023 and expect me to pay or drop out of the deal. Drop out and they get a truck for the lot that they will then mark up by 15k.

Just not a good look for Ford at all....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update. Finally spoke to a real person today at Ford Customer service, a sweet sounding young lady. She wasn't any help but she made me wish I was 30 years younger. Called my dealer and ended up talking to a finance lady who seemed to know more about my problem than anyone else I had talked to. The vehicles are moved from the trains to local dealers by independent carriers. Car dealers bid for the haulers to move their vehicles and there seems to be a shortage of the haulers. With major name autos plus the online dealers, there is not enough haulers to do the job. So it appears, Ford is getting outbid in this area for haulers to move my and other vehicles. Thus the delivery date being push back again and again.Doesn't help but ut makes sense of a crappy situation.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
352 Posts
Update. Finally spoke to a real person today at Ford Customer service, a sweet sounding young lady. She wasn't any help but she made me wish I was 30 years younger. Called my dealer and ended up talking to a finance lady who seemed to know more about my problem than anyone else I had talked to. The vehicles are moved from the trains to local dealers by independent carriers. Car dealers bid for the haulers to move their vehicles and there seems to be a shortage of the haulers. With major name autos plus the online dealers, there is not enough haulers to do the job. So it appears, Ford is getting outbid in this area for haulers to move my and other vehicles. Thus the delivery date being push back again and again.Doesn't help but ut makes sense of a crappy situation.
Hey Bud.... I haven't got ANY words from Ford about my Big Bronco production date. I placed an order with on July20, 2020. Just presents, and saying they are sorry about the delays. Ford assigned the dealer to me!!!! They never contact me. So when this Maverick came out, I ordered a lariat 2.0 FX4, tow pak, Oxford White, spray in liner, bed lights, and passengerside tool bx. That was the first week of August 2021. The Maverick I ordered is now at that dealership, (Friday Jan. 14th.) YEAY! I'm hoping to hear from the dealership this week. I believe your problem is with that Dealer. Call Ford. Ford has started to seriously come down on their dealers just last week, for this type of crap. They are telling them ship up or! What I have heard, through the grape vine. For them to get serious about their customers. There has been to much of this thing happening. Everywhere. I hope FOMOCO beats the crap out of shameful Dealers. Hoping. Take care Friend. Hope you get your issues ironed out with FOMOCO proper!!! Now!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm learning that a lot of Ford dealerships just suck. Some are great. I have never really dealt with Ford so I was not aware. I am dealing with a terrible dealer. I have called others and chatted with them and they are on point. One salesmen called me back that they had a couple XL hybrids in. I missed his message and got back to him a few days later. He had sold the vehicles and when I asked how much he said MSRP, marking up is not the way they want to conduct business. That was Fox Ford in Grand Rapids. They are good, also almost got a vehicle from their Mazda dealership and that was a top notch experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Call 1-800-334-4375. that is the Ford Maverick Direct service line. I call them and never have to wait and always talk with a human.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I would just like to say...I just bought my Maverick this afternoon, from Coconut Point Ford, Estero. I ordered through them. NO dealer fees, no dealer addons, no magic gas....nada. I did pay MSRP, but they gave me a fair price for my trade, a 2018 Challenger. The deal took total 65 minutes? It was the easiest vehicle purchase I have ever done. I'm 64, and I have bought many new vehicles. This being my first new Ford. Was a life long chevy man, then bought few Mopars. Driving this Maverick Lariat FX4 home was just great. It DOESN'T drive like a front wheel drive vehicle. It was one of my main concerns. It is as quiet as my old Challenger! Love this.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry, about your dealer. Blue, keep pressing FOMOCO. I just got my Mav. This afternoon. It is more than I expected. it doesn't drive like a front wheel drive car! Love it. Keep the pressure on. I paid full MSRP...but a fair trade in value. Hope the best for you freind. (not all dealerships are CROOKS)

·
Registered
11 Posts
There’s a global PANDEMIC 😷 going on in case you forgot. This is a great time to practice patients. Love & tolerance is the code

1 - 20 of 20 Posts