Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Never mind...dealer says Order Bank has beeen closed so no modifications can be made to the build I ordered. No reason to read below. Guess I will have to live with a drop-in bed liner after all.
On the last day did an order for an XL Area 51, pilot 360, rear window slider, hitch, tail gate lock, hood film, 400w invertor, splash guards. Plus drop-in bed liner which I will change to a spray-in liner.

Feel I am happy with this build though would have liked power driver seat and/or basic cruise control.
So, convience me...should I change my build to an XTL (no sure such is even possible) or be happy with this XL build?
I sort of like the black interior though read maybe the seats are not as nice as those in the XTL. It will not be a daily driver and after all, I have manual seats in my mita and that has been ok.
Thanks in advance for any input...and yes...it was a toss up for me between Area 51 and Carbonized Gray lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think we will be happy with all the given orders when we actually get our hands on the wheel of a new Ford Maverick. You can bet that the XL vs. XLT decision is playing on the mind of many folks now that some of each trim are out in the field. The XL still has a load of standard features we wouldn’t even have dreamt about when I started driving 51 years ago. 😂

For me after seeing and driving a variety of pickups through the years I settled on an XLT semi loaded and with the Hybrid engine combo. I guess I am trying to make up for my “sins” of numerous hot V8’s, as in 5 Mustangs ( one being a 2+2 Fastback ✔....👺) and a lot of fun in the old .26 cent a gallon days of driving/cruising. No matter what I’ll bet you will really enjoy your Maverick no matter what trim it shows up in.
At least that is my hope for you and your family...... All the best✔🇺🇸
BTW-
Area 51 is a go from my perspective. 🍀

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, indeed should be a nice ride even in base trim for the most part. Maybe would trade it in down the road on a 2023 or later awd hybrid model if such occurs :)
Had a prius in a strange off shade of light green, maybe ocean green sea foam or some such color. It always looked different depending on if in bright light or not yet too my eyes I always liked the color. Was a fun ride while I had it and got crazy good gas mileage plus that hatch back could hold tons of stuff. Only problem was I had to remember to put gas in it since it did not need to be filled up that often lol.
Enjoy that XTL trim

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had an xl ready to order, then an xlt and now have velocity blue metallic hybrid xlt/lux/360 packages ordered. My wife wanted seat warmers. Added mud guards, sliding rear window, hitch, mats.
Happy wife, happy life!

·
Registered
63 Posts
The XLT has an electric mechanism to lock the tailgate. The XL can be fitted with a lock on the hinge area which as designed allows easy removal of the tailgate. The lock goes around the hinge, and there are aftermarket locks that perform exactly the same.
I went for an XLT but really liked the look of the XL interior(and steelies), only swayed to an XLT by spouse insistence upon having cruise control. She who must be obeyed...
Anyway, I expect all will be pleasantly surprised, and, if not, resale should be a breeze, possibly at a profit.
I do not expect an AWD/4WD hybrid for some time as the order books are full-up already for the FWD version. If you cannot produce all you can sell of one model, the incentive to make an even higher demand version is not real great.
tom

·
Registered
50 Posts
The XLT has an electric mechanism to lock the tailgate. The XL can be fitted with a lock on the hinge area which as designed allows easy removal of the tailgate. The lock goes around the hinge, and there are aftermarket locks that perform exactly the same.
I went for an XLT but really liked the look of the XL interior(and steelies), only swayed to an XLT by spouse insistence upon having cruise control. She who must be obeyed...
Anyway, I expect all will be pleasantly surprised, and, if not, resale should be a breeze, possibly at a profit.
I do not expect an AWD/4WD hybrid for some time as the order books are full-up already for the FWD version. If you cannot produce all you can sell of one model, the incentive to make an even higher demand version is not real great.
tom
I think if they did come out with a hybrid all wheel drive would loose some mpg.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If they utilized an electric motor to drive rear wheels thus eliminating transfer case, clutch unit and drive shaft as Toyota does the fuel economy hit would be less than 1mpg.
The AWD ecoboost supposedly loses about 1mpg from the results of the FWD only version. Would it be worth the design, engineering, and plant construction costs, just to name a few, to use a different system?
As I understand, the reason the Escape version can't be used 'off the shelf' is that the rear suspension is a different design, and that's where the power, mechancal linked or electric, would have to go. Maybe they will
just stuff the Escape rear suspension under the bed, cut the weight capacity or whatever else is required, and call it a day.
At some time, there was at least one firm doing after-market 4WD conversions for Econoline vans. They removed the front suspension from a 4WD pickup and grafted it onto the Econoline. If there was enough demand, it's possible someone will do the same with a 4WD Escape rear to a Maverick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts