1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time posting.

I have couple of questions.

1. When is my XL Hybrid, ordered in June, likely to be delivered? In other threads, people are saying January, but one comment stated that it could be March. I’m planning to do a rental (sold my other pickup back in September, anticipating a delivery of the Maverick by October) if it is a short wait.

2. I sat in a dealer owned Maverick today and noticed the leather like material in the center console and flap cover behind the steering wheel. Does anyone know whether those are made of real leather? I follow a vegetarian lifestyle, and this information is very important to me. I’d very much appreciate any guidance on how I can figure this out.

Note: Quite impressed with the interior and the exterior and would love to own this vehicle.

3. The online status of my vehicle says “In Production”. The dealer says that it has been produced (based on checking his system). Which one is correct?

4. Please provide recommendations on custom fit faux leather seat covers.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
As you can see from the early October post, not even the Maverick Team has any idea of when Ford will deliver Hybrids.

There have been some dealers telling their customers that hybrid vehicles are delayed and won't be available for 6-8 months. Some saying there are thermal issues.

I want everyone to know they are NOT correct.

Hybrid scheduling and production continues each week.

OKTB (okay to buy) is pending EPA testing.

Information straight from the Maverick team.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time posting.

I have couple of questions.

1. When is my XL Hybrid, ordered in June, likely to be delivered? In other threads, people are saying January, but one comment stated that it could be March. I’m planning to do a rental (sold my other pickup back in September, anticipating a delivery of the Maverick by October) if it is a short wait.

2. I sat in a dealer owned Maverick today and noticed the leather like material in the center console and flap cover behind the steering wheel. Does anyone know whether those are made of real leather? I follow a vegetarian lifestyle, and this information is very important to me. I’d very much appreciate any guidance on how I can figure this out.

Note: Quite impressed with the interior and the exterior and would love to own this vehicle.

3. The online status of my vehicle says “In Production”. The dealer says that it has been produced (based on checking his system). Which one is correct?

4. Please provide recommendations on custom fit faux leather seat covers.

Thank you in advance.
If you ordered an XL with no accessories in June, I would be surprised if it hasn't been scheduled. Assuming you've already talked to your dealer about it, you should probably call the Ford number 800-334-4375, and ask them what's going on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
JuneInORder...the leather looking material is not created from any critter bits. Totally man-made material, of things found in/on the earth that are not alive.
An order placed in June, and an 'in production' status should indicate delivery with 4-6 weeks.
If your order got scheduled for production, you should have received an email... if your dealer is on the ball at all about entering your email address into the Ford system. You would also get an email notification when the vehicle has been built. I would be in conversation with my dealer.
I expect that a large number of hybrids that have been assembled should be boarding the train for their final home soon, if not right now. The rail delivery process can take some number of weeks given the coordination between the rail yard and secheduling the final few miles via truck.
tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my Cactus Gray Hybrid on July 13. It is slated to be built this week Nov. 22. I checked today and window sticker is now available. It's looking good that it will be built sometime this week. Unfortunately Hybrid "OK to Buy" is not until January but with shipping time from Mexico that should work out about right. We'll see if my status goes form Scheduled to "In Production" this week. Looking forward to getting it in January.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your replies, everyone.

Here’s my timeline:

1, June — placed the Order
2. Next day — received order confirmation email from Ford
3. August — received email from Ford confirming that my vehicle has been scheduled for production
4. September — received email from Ford stating that the production date for my vehicle has been changed to October
5. October — received email from Ford stating that initial deliveries are expected to start in January
6. Checking my order online — it shows that the vehicle is “in production” since October
7. I wasn’t able to see the window sticker for a long time, but as of 11/21, I am able to see it. It has a date of 11/21/2021 at the very bottom center. Not sure what that means.

My question #2 above is partially answered. The Window Sticker states that the console lid is made of vinyl. I’m still trying to figure out what that flap cover behind the steering wheel is made of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all ,
Maybe some advise … I ordered a hybrid fwd. lariat with the lariat luxury package on June 18
I called marketing today to see why i wasn't scheduled yet.
The reason is the spray in bed liner. However that comes standard !

confused !!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello all ,
Maybe some advise … I ordered a hybrid fwd. lariat with the lariat luxury package on June 18

confused !!!!!
ALL hybrids have been delayed AFAIK. The spray in liner is being allocated to those who ordered it as part of a package before those who ordered it standalone, so you should be oK with that. Likely your order is/well be picked up for production soon.
Have you received any confirmation of the order from Ford in your email? If not, get on your dealer and ask for a DORA print of the order they placed. It will show the date the order was entered, if it was successfully input into the order system. If not, then they have to fix any error... If it has, then it will be scheduled according to allocations to that geographic area and the individual dealer.

Hybrid orders have all been on hold until EPA mileage was certified, and then the OKTB, or Okay to buy was given, or will be soon.
Check on maverick truck club dot com to find of any 'national allocation constraints'(likely the wrong words) that are individual items that will possibly impede scheduling and construction. There is a post about that. Your dealer may also be able to inform. tom

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello all ,

confused !!!!!
I'd be confused too. I think the person you talked to is wrong - unless your dealer changed something and didn't tell you. Spray in bedliner was standard on luxury package when you ordered. Many hybrid trucks with spray-in bedliners have been scheduled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The problem seems to be that Ford is having difficulty sourcing material for the spray in bedliner. Trucks ordered with luxury package include this bed liner so those orders are being held back until Ford can source enough spray in bedliner material to fill the orders. Apparently Ford stops including the spray in bedliner in mid-november because of this difficulty in sourcing the material and the number they already had holding. I was assured that the earliest orders as well as the luxury package vehicles will be the first orders built as they are able to Source the bed liner product.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The problem seems to be that Ford is having difficulty sourcing material for the spray in bedliner. Trucks ordered with luxury package include this bed liner so those orders are being held back until Ford can source enough spray in bedliner material to fill the orders. Apparently Ford stops including the spray in bedliner in mid-november because of this difficulty in sourcing the material and the number they already had holding. I was assured that the earliest orders as well as the luxury package vehicles will be the first orders built as they are able to Source the bed liner product.
We have two hybrid Mavericks with lux package currently scheduled for production the week of Dec 6th. Both will have the spray-in. Obviously, the build dates may change, but that hasn't happened yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts